Thread: Hello from KY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks John..I do remerber you but it has been a few years. Did you fly a female gos and prairie at one time. I see that Tony has finally moved out into the country.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hello, David. I met you years ago when I was kid. Don't know if you remember me. I know Tony talks to you from time to time. Good to see you here.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Thanks John..I do remerber you but it has been a few years. Did you fly a female gos and prairie at one time. I see that Tony has finally moved out into the country.
    Yeah, but it was male gos. He's pretty excited about the house and all the space. I know he's going to be busy getting moved. I haven't talked to him in a week or so.

David,

Welcome to NAFEX. Thank you for saying hello. Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts on here. If you need anything let me know.

good looking sharpie!! Always wanted to fly one. Thank you for posting the pictures. How long did you fly him?

again Welcome

Chris
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Welcome aboard David,I think you'll like it here. Lots of good folks & different view points. Look forward to the dove stories. Best time I'v ever had with a longwing was dove hawking with a tiercel Peregrine/prairie.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Hey David,

Mike McCoy here, welcome aboard. Its been a long time since we talked, I think you still had Bud back then.
    I'm living in Trimble Co. and hunting with a tiercel Gos. Maybe we can meet up if you're in the Louisville area some time.
    Glad to see you on the forum.

Regards,
    Mike

Mike,

Mike..that has been a long time since I had Bud. This fall I would like to get to Louisville and hook up with some guys in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McCoy View Post
    Hey David,

Mike McCoy here, welcome aboard. Its been a long time since we talked, I think you still had Bud back then.
    I'm living in Trimble Co. and hunting with a tiercel Gos. Maybe we can meet up if you're in the Louisville area some time.
    Glad to see you on the forum.

Regards,
    Mike

Wow, I remember Bud. I've got pictures of you and him at the old Country Day field probably from 1983 or so. I remember you hunting with him one time across the street from there where there are storage sheds now. The small girders were laying in piles and there were a boat load of rabbits under them. Me you and Tony ran rabbit after rabbit out for Bud. I've got old pictures of that too. Didn't even think about that being your bird till Mike mentioned the name.

Thanks Rich...this WE I plan to pull the gyr/merlin out of the chamber to the house. I find this is one of the best way to calm them down before the season starts. Hopefully in a month or so I will have some stories to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    Welcome aboard David,I think you'll like it here. Lots of good folks & different view points. Look forward to the dove stories. Best time I'v ever had with a longwing was dove hawking with a tiercel Peregrine/prairie.

Thanks Chris,

I flew him 3 seasons until a female coop took him from me. They are really bad about showing up looking for dinner. Great birds you just have to be really careful what is around. In a wooded environment that is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    David,

Welcome to NAFEX. Thank you for saying hello. Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts on here. If you need anything let me know.

good looking sharpie!! Always wanted to fly one. Thank you for posting the pictures. How long did you fly him?

again Welcome

Chris

Thread Information