Thread: Hello from KY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

John,

What I am about to do takes a secure man to do. Attached is a picture from one of Ky old meets. Can you name the falconers....Mike should like this? Bud was my first accipiter and you can tell from his red-tail. He was a great tiercel gos that I got from a nest in Wyoming. Back then everybody said tiercel goshawks were not any good and died easy. He keep up with the girls and passed away at 13.

Wow, I didn't know he lived that long. That's great.

Standing, L to R: Larry, you, ?, Keith, Paul?,?, ?
    Kneeling, L to R: Joe, ?, ?, Tony, Dave, Mike.

That's funny because that's what all you guys look like in my old pictures from when I was a kid. Geez there were a lot of rabbits around here then.

Hello David!!.......and welcome to nafex. I'm a fellow kentucky falconer, years ago I hung out with Marvin Parish and Mark Roberts.

I just sent out an email to Ky. falconers about reviving the Ky. falconers association. You were on the list. I hope you got the email.

In a couple of weeks we should have a web site up. I'll send out an email when its up and running.

Todd,

I will be interested in joining. Not familiar with Marvin or Mark. We could have meet years ago......but memory not what it use to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Brown View Post
    Hello David!!.......and welcome to nafex. I'm a fellow kentucky falconer, years ago I hung out with Marvin Parish and Mark Roberts.

I just sent out an email to Ky. falconers about reviving the Ky. falconers association. You were on the list. I hope you got the email.

In a couple of weeks we should have a web site up. I'll send out an email when its up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Brown View Post

Thanks
    Todd King

I'm late in seeing some of these posts and the old pic of one of Ky Falconers Assoc. meets.
    Man, what memories that pic brings back! I remember Bud well. I 'd forgotten about his imped red-tail, LOL! He was a heck of a bird, you did a great job with him. I remember going over to your house in St. Matthews and seeing Bud run through the house when he was an eyass leaving a trail of down. You could look around and see his favorite roosts,, lol.
    David could you email me that pic? I'd sure like to have it as I have almost no photos from those days.

Close John.

Standing L to R: Larry Martin, Chris Beaks,? from Indiana, Keith Hix, Mike McCoy, ? from Indiana.
    Kneeling L to R: Joe ?, Me (nice hat), Tim Neese, Tony Englert, David Campbell, Mike Wilbourn.

Those were the hayday for rabbits. I beleive we caught over twenty that day. Now if I see twenty in a month I feel lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Wow, I didn't know he lived that long. That's great.

Standing, L to R: Larry, you, ?, Keith, Paul?,?, ?
    Kneeling, L to R: Joe, ?, ?, Tony, Dave, Mike.

That's funny because that's what all you guys look like in my old pictures from when I was a kid. Geez there were a lot of rabbits around here then.

Thread Information