Thread: Hello, from the Midwest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissSisyphus View Post
    My sister's name is Dawn Joy...and my little brother would have been Melody Star, had he been a girl...but he is Michael Alan...and I say....well, mom must've sobered up for that little guy! ha ha ha!
    I actually googled my name once, just because I was curious, and came across a blog talking about kids names at summer camp. I guess the lady had to do enrollment...she laughs about names like: Alohn Wolf, Rocky Road, etc....
    the end of her blog said:
    "no one wants to go through life being called: Rocky road or Misty Skye....."

I almost peed myself, and could not resist the temptation to write her and tell her that is my name! I thought it was funny, and told her I liked her post, and some parents are just cruel...(which was the title of the blog)....but she has since deleted it, I went looking for it to show a friend and she took it offline...and that made me feel bad, because I thought it was a good warning to parents.....think....just because it sounds cool, doesn't make it fair to your kid!!! And PS.....watch those initials too.....they're just as bad!
    Back before the Civil War someone in my family thought he had a grand sense of humor. He named my GGgrandfather Americus Columbus Mitchell. That's not too bad. His brother was named Julius Ceasar Bonapart Mitchell. That's bad! None of this is new. Kids have been fighting forever due to their parents thinking wacko names were unique.

My sister wanted to name her son Ziggy. I told her that if she went ahead with the name I would dot her eye every time I saw her. She asked what for. I told her that she needed to feel a little of the pain she was going to cause him with a name like that.

She changed her mind!
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Default Thanks for stopping her!

Quote Originally Posted by dirthawking View Post
    My sister wanted to name her son Ziggy. I told her that if she went ahead with the name I would dot her eye every time I saw her. She asked what for. I told her that she needed to feel a little of the pain she was going to cause him with a name like that.

She changed her mind!
    Thank GOD someone had the sense to tell her before it was too late.
    I like my name OK, but I do catch crap for it all the time. Or I will get "OHHHHH, that 's very pretty" in a condescending tone! I just roll my eyes, tell him my parents were hippies and move on. But elementary school, that's different!
    Kids are cruel, and dotting the mom's eye seems appropriate considering how often kids have to fight and stick up for themselves.....
    they think they are very clever....
    had a friend with a daughter named Sativa....kinda wonder how you could show up to a P/T conference without being very PARANOID, and the same guy told me he had a friend who named his son Ellis Dee, obviously they had MUCH in common! I'd rather have my name than those....
    But I have seen my name on more than one marquis at gentleman's clubs, lets say that!
    Misty Skye

Thread Information