Thread: HI

Default HI

HI i thought i would join this forum and see what was going on across the water.I live in scotland and fly a female pere x saker at rooks and crows.I will put up a diary of events and see how it goes ,looking forward to reading the posts on here.
    cheers alec

Quote Originally Posted by alec928 View Post
    HI i thought i would join this forum and see what was going on across the water.I live in scotland and fly a female pere x saker at rooks and crows.I will put up a diary of events and see how it goes ,looking forward to reading the posts on here.
    cheers alec
    to NAFEX Alec! I am very interested in how you train your pere X saker to fly at crows and rooks. I would very much like to do that here, but finding a pere x saker is hard as no one breeds them. So I might try it with something else. Looking forward to your thread on this and if you don't mind, go ahead and start the thread with the actual training, I know folks over here love to hear how others train their birds, especially from the other side of the pond.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    to NAFEX Alec! I am very interested in how you train your pere X saker to fly at crows and rooks. I would very much like to do that here, but finding a pere x saker is hard as no one breeds them. So I might try it with something else. Looking forward to your thread on this and if you don't mind, go ahead and start the thread with the actual training, I know folks over here love to hear how others train their birds, especially from the other side of the pond.
    thanks fred where are you and what are you flying??
    cheers alec
    talks cheap money buys beer

Quote Originally Posted by alec928 View Post
    thanks fred where are you and what are you flying??
    Hey Alec, I am in North Carolina, on the east coast. I flew a male finnish gos last year, but getting back to what is best for what we have around here and that is a red-tail on squirrels. I trapped a nice female a couple weeks ago, she is flying to the fist at around 43.5 oz right now. I am in no hurry to get her going as the leaves are still on and it is hot as hell and it is hard to squirrel hawk this time of the year. In the past, I have flown red-tails, an imprint coops for 3 seasons, a couple American Kestrels, a Harris Hawk, a merlin and the finnish gos. I am going out west this fall and trapping a female prairie and that is what I would like to fly at crows out of the hood. So any insight you have into flying at crows out of the hood, I am all ears.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

hi alec
    welcome to the new world, have fun here

andy

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    Hey Alec, I am in North Carolina, on the east coast. I flew a male finnish gos last year, but getting back to what is best for what we have around here and that is a red-tail on squirrels. I trapped a nice female a couple weeks ago, she is flying to the fist at around 43.5 oz right now. I am in no hurry to get her going as the leaves are still on and it is hot as hell and it is hard to squirrel hawk this time of the year. In the past, I have flown red-tails, an imprint coops for 3 seasons, a couple American Kestrels, a Harris Hawk, a merlin and the finnish gos. I am going out west this fall and trapping a female prairie and that is what I would like to fly at crows out of the hood. So any insight you have into flying at crows out of the hood, I am all ears.
    sounds like a good choice for the crows you will have alot of fun.I started a thread in longwings about millie .how do i put up pictures fred ?? what do i put in when asked for URL
    cheers alec

Quote Originally Posted by hcf View Post
    hi alec
    welcome to the new world, have fun here

andy
    hi andy i took your advice and joined .
    john came and picked up the gyr saker today he fed from the fist and then the greedy buger jumped to the fist for another doc,he is a cracking looking falcon thanks again
    cheers alec

Alec!
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    Alec!
    thank you
    cheers alec

Brandon Parrott---Ooltewah Tn

Quote Originally Posted by bparrott85 View Post
    thank you
    cheers alec

Hello Alec,

welcome to NAFEX. If you know Andy, I would not admit that on a public forum

looking forward to your posts

Good hawking

Chris Lynn
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Hello Alec,

welcome to NAFEX. If you know Andy, I would not admit that on a public forum

looking forward to your posts

Good hawking

Chris Lynn
    cheers chris
    cheers alec

Thread Information