Thread: Late introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Late introduction

My name is Mike Mallett, from the St Louis MO area. I'v been knocking around NAFX for 3 weeks or so. It's a good list. It's great to here stories from others from all over the country from people with the same obsession, I mean interest's. I'm going into my 9th year and loving it. I'm flying a 1xPFRT.
    Just thought I'd post a few photos from our hunt today. With the weather on the cool side for this time of the year, the leaves still thick on the trees and the brush even thicker it was tough to get any good flights. We did manage to get 2 cotton tails after some good hard wing overs thou. Here's the team for today.

Mike Mallett
    Mike Mallett, St Louis MO

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the introduction. Nice pictures, I love the "experienced" beagle, looks like he's seen his share of rabbits!
    Last edited by Saluqi; 10-12-2009 at 04:58 PM.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Mike, went to a NAFA meet years ago in St. Louis. Hunting was great. The air port was on the edge of the city, now you know how long ago that was. Thanks for posting the pictures. Does your bird key in on the beagle barking?
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Thanks, That NAFA meet is what nailed me to want to become a falconer. I was 14. Hunted with a man that had a goshawk and saw it plow head first into a chain link fence, get up shake it off and jumped over the fence to keep chacing and finally caught it. Wow what a rush. Yes the hawk is starting to key on the hound. The hound also keys on the hawk if it changes position. If I could just get the hound to listen when he is on a sent.

Mike Mallett
    Mike Mallett, St Louis MO

Welcome to NAFEX Mike.

I am glad you finally decided to post!

Great looking team! Hard to beat that much fun, a redtail, a beagle and cottontails!

Mike
    Tony

Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by wgtail View Post
    Thanks, That NAFA meet is what nailed me to want to become a falconer. I was 14. Hunted with a man that had a goshawk and saw it plow head first into a chain link fence, get up shake it off and jumped over the fence to keep chacing and finally caught it. Wow what a rush. Yes the hawk is starting to key on the hound. The hound also keys on the hawk if it changes position. If I could just get the hound to listen when he is on a sent.

Mike Mallett
    Mike:
    If you can get a beagle to listen when on scent you could be a millionaire
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Default Hi Mike

Great pics! I can't wait to see her fly this winter.

Thread Information