Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Results 981 to 1,008 of 1008

Thread: Random photos, let's have them

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    Gregory, interesting to me that she seems so calm on the nest with a drone hovering above her. I'd thought of using this method to look into goshawks nests and those of cliff nesting raptors but was concerned about the drone being attacked and ending up with an injured parent bird(s). Any aggression occurring? What species have you looked in on and what range are you typically at when shooting? Thanks for the help.
    It brings up a question for sure...we have permits to "enter" nest sites and one might argue that drones are much less invasive that climbing the tree or other trees to look in in person. Having said that, the thought of drones around nest sites is still a scary concept to me in terms of stress and potential injury to the nesting pair if the act aggressively.
    John
    Bend, OR

Running my brittany under Richard Burnett's gyrlin "Smokey" hunting hungarian partridge in the Bitterroot Valley, MT.

~~~Ally~~~ Missoula, MT
    If you dislike a person, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you are a mile away from them, and have their shoes.

Neat shot of a friends Aplomado coming in for some pigeons. I just thought it came out neat with it being all silhouette on an overcast background.
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

Thats a cool shot, Gregory. Did the falcon get one?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    Gregory, interesting to me that she seems so calm on the nest with a drone hovering above her. I'd thought of using this method to look into goshawks nests and those of cliff nesting raptors but was concerned about the drone being attacked and ending up with an injured parent bird(s). Any aggression occurring? What species have you looked in on and what range are you typically at when shooting? Thanks for the help.
    Sorry, I didn't see this before.

I watched 3 red tail and 3 cooper nests this year with it, pics and video clips from all. I had no "close calls" I had one female red tail after the hatch leave the nest into a soar and yell at the drone but never more than "intimidation" tactics. One male coops would come into and buzz, but never get closer than around 20'. If the male showed up I would simply take a vertical climb and return the drone and land.

Nesting females showed no interest in leaving the nest or what the drone was doing. In fact, I even have a video clip of a mother red tail bringing food in and standing on the nest feeding week old chicks.
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

Quote Originally Posted by Heero View Post
    Thats a cool shot, Gregory. Did the falcon get one?

Mike
    Not as a result of that immediate flight however the same day.

Connection pictures weren't taken by me, but the falconer himself (somehow he can carry a camera with a 2 foot lens and fly a bird... beats me how he does it lol).
    Gregory E. Miller

My first bird in nearly 20 years - a late trapped kestrel. She reminded me of many lessons I forgot and taught me some I never knew. So happy to be back and looking forward to a new season and a new hunting partner!

2 weeks after trapping:

doing her thing:

Brian

Let's revive this old thread, it has great pics, let's see your 2019-2020 photos.

Here are a couple of mine.

Lola_2019-10-25.jpg

Lola_2019-11-09.jpg
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Here's a few from my first falconry season with my first bird. I had an absolute blast!

86809024_3519196748151920_3143064613470339072_n.jpg

IMG_20200220_160618.jpg

IMG_20200117_152054.jpg
    Brent

Great shots Brent! Nothing better than your first falconry season, good job.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Great shots Brent! Nothing better than your first falconry season, good job.
    Thanks Paul! I can't take credit for the first one, my friend's husband took it at the GLFA meet.
    Brent

Great photo Paul, looks like a decent pond in background.
    Ron

Great pics Tanner......hope all is well.
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Thanks Bill, and likewise. Throw a photo of your latest up there.
    Tanner

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Thanks Bill, and likewise. Throw a photo of your latest up there.

Latest Merlin?? I’d rather put that one behind me at this point.
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

This was last catch for the season with my sons harris. B9BBA679-1299-4F06-8CE1-070F04F0DDF7.jpeg
    KT Topash. Wesley Chapel, FL
    never walk in another man shoes. Make your own path in life!

Two Mallards in Blizzard.jpg This year, Tiercel and female each caught Drake Mallard, during Blizzard.
    Rick

Very impressive photos!
    Ron

I'm without a raptor right now, for the first time in many years. Breeze is out raising young with his female; Smoke was released right after her first kill. The planned bilateral foot surgery has been done; am now in "feet up and don't walk" mode. Bored! So, here's a photo of my new Belgian Tervuren pup - he's doing great, but sure doesn't understand why we don't get out for our 3-5 mile walks everyday like we used to! Here's Darboshea Troubadour - "True" - enjoying a walk with me prior to surgery. Can't wait for late summer/early fall, when we can get out and trap a new Red-Tail!

022.a.jpg
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

I dropped and lost my phone out hunting couple months ago. Lost all my pitchers.

Peregrines last flight today. Releasing her once this coming snow storm passes, prob this Thursday. Been lure stooping her hard the past couple weeks, 2x/day. At this point, I am tired of swinging the thing well before she is tired flying it. She is fit, strong, healthy, and ready to go.

F23141E1-D837-4559-89C7-98AA58E11605.jpgF23141E1-D837-4559-89C7-98AA58E11605.jpg

Here is to the next one. For you and me both, Deb.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
    I'm without a raptor right now, for the first time in many years. Breeze is out raising young with his female; Smoke was released right after her first kill. The planned bilateral foot surgery has been done; am now in "feet up and don't walk" mode. Bored! So, here's a photo of my new Belgian Tervuren pup - he's doing great, but sure doesn't understand why we don't get out for our 3-5 mile walks everyday like we used to! Here's Darboshea Troubadour - "True" - enjoying a walk with me prior to surgery. Can't wait for late summer/early fall, when we can get out and trap a new Red-Tail!

022.a.jpg
    Electric bicycle.

Regards,
    Thomas of the Dynomotors
    Tom Munson, Buckeye, AZ
    619-379-2656, tom@munson.us

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gizmo View Post
    Electric bicycle.
    LOL! That could be fun! We typically walk a four mile loop in the national forest, 5-6 days a week. Well. I walk it. True RUNS it and a lot more as he is constantly circling, goes out ahead, coming back past me, just to zoom back out to the front, etc. Fun times! When feet are healed, will be right back at it again! :-)
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

thumbnail-1.jpeg[QUOTE]thumbnail copy.jpg2021..Hawking north Kansas ..tall grass..blast!

On this New Year's Day myself and friends are looking at old photos and reminiscing. Here are a couple old photos that surely fit the random category.

The first photo is of an adult Cooper's hawk visiting its nest in early March. Forgive the poor quality, it was taken with an inexpensive camera with one side of a pair of binoculars held against the objective lens.

The second photo is an eyass Cooper's from the same site. The eyass was taken in 1969, and as far as I know is the first eyass Cooper's hawk taken in Missouri.

This was the time period when most raptor populations were at low ebb due to the effects of DDT. These birds had been declared extinct as a breeding species in the state about 4 years earlier.

Dahlke Meramec Cooper's 1969.jpg Dahlke tiercel Cooper's 1969.jpg
    John Dahlke
    "Happy is the man whose lot it is to know the secrets of the earth." Euripedes, 480 - 406 BC

My girl Holly. She's turned into quite the game hawk!

IMG-3377.jpg
    Diana Morrissey
    Framingham, MA

Way togo Diana and Holly!
    Ross Dirks
    Pheasant hawker in NW Iowa

Thread Information