Thread: salutations from south central/western MN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default salutations from south central/western MN

Hi all...

My name is Jill Nezworski, I am a veterinarian and falconer(since 1994) from a little town, Hector MN population 1100- two hours west of the twin cities. I have traditionally flown longwings mostly gyrs and gry hybrids on hungarian partridge and pheasants. We do have a few ducks around but they are mostly in drainage ditches and the flights tend to end up rather ratty if you are flying by yourself.

This year I am now flying a 2009 female harris that I am just starting and a 2009 male peregrine. Looking foward to hawing some bunnies with the harris. Having trouble getting the peregrine to take a pitch. This is my first longwing I have trained using pigeons ALL my other longwings have been trained with the kite. Well I think that sums it up

thanks

Jill
    Jill
    Hector MN

Welcome..
    There some nice threads here at times. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
    Ricco
    Calm seas have never made a good sailor.

Welcome to NAFEX Jill!

I remember you from the RR list years ago. Nice to hear that you are still flying.

Take a look around, enjoy reading and if you have any questions or need anything, please don't hesitate to ask!

Hi Jill, Glad to see you migrated to this site... been a while, hope all is well and let's hear story HH stories...
    barry
    "you believe you understand what I said, do realize what you heard is not what I meant"
    Barry

Hi Jill, Nice to here from another familiar face here. Ross

Hi Jill,

Welcome to NAFEX. I'm also flying an '09 tiercel, also trained exclusively with pigeons. What I've found that worked to gain pitch is to fly him for several days in thermal conditions, he'll ride the warm air out sight and then serve him easy pigeons. He learned the advantages of height that way and it's worked to get him to work hard in cold air conditions to gain good pitch. My bird is getting better all the time, he still has an off day now & then, but he has improved steadily as the season's progressed.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Hi jill !

nice to see that there are some vets in this hobby.
    As Im about to become a vetrinarian I have question for you regarding flying your bird to living prey which is not the hunt, but for training.
    isnt it any problem with the oath you have taken?
    As for me I have some problems with flying my bird to a prey that dont have much chance anyway, but still doing it for the good sake of my bird.

anyway welcome, the guys here are pro's so you came to the right place...

Eiger
    Eiger

Eiger

I am a food animal veterinarian - exclusively pigs actually - I have no issues with the life/death cycle. Everything dies in the end my goal is to just make the time they have here, alive, as pain free as possible.

Ross - good to see you here too! Thanks for all the help over the phone! Too bad the end result was as expected.

Nice to see all the RR folks here.

thanks everyone

Jill
    Jill
    Hector MN

Barry and Kory

would love to get over to your neck of the woods someday - so close, yet so far My work usually takes me west.

Heading to South Dakota next week for a 5 day pheasant hunt for work. It can be SO hard when duty calls
    Jill
    Hector MN

Hey Jill,
    glad to see you on here!...lots of good people on here!
    Post a pic of your new HH, and the puppy too! I hope they are both doing well!
    Life ain't always beautiful.....But it's a beautiful ride!
    Heather G MT

Hi Jill, I think Greg Moore in Texas might have produced your Harris. Is that right? Happy hunting!

-- Scott
    “Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative.” – Mordecai Wyatt Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by citabria View Post
    Barry and Kory

would love to get over to your neck of the woods someday - so close, yet so far My work usually takes me west.

Heading to South Dakota next week for a 5 day pheasant hunt for work. It can be SO hard when duty calls
    Jill,

You should fly over for our winter field meet in February. The meet HQ is only about 2 miles from Capital City Airport (LAN).

That would be cool!

I was telling my dad about your plane (he is a pilot).. Do you have any photos you could post? I would love to send him a couple.

We used to fly a Citabria from time to time that belonged to a club at our local airport. Fun plane. I grew up flying in my dad's Cessna 170B (N4491B).

170B - good plane. Debating trading the citabria for one (might be needing a four seater in the future) but don't think I can go to a tricycle gear.

I think my avatar is the only pict I have of her - she is in the shop right now post prop strike - MN cross winds and a taildragger with spring gear, bad combination.

The Feb meet sounds like fun as long as it doesn't interfer with our MN feb meet, but when you fly it is tough to pack birds
    Jill
    Hector MN

Thread Information