My take on the Nafa Meet in Woodward..
1st and Formost I want to extend a Huge, Huge thank you to Rich Borquist, Mario and Brandi for their tireless efforts in watching the weathering yard.
I view this as one of the most thankless jobs and one of the most unapreciated jobs of this meet. I feel it worth mentioning that it is our responsibility to make sure our perches are safe and secure.
They have made rules that we have to have perches that stick in the ground for a reason. They made the effort to install a fencing ( around the yard, mark off the spots with an 8 ft distance between birds, complete with a gate. this also with providing bow perches if you did not have one. The trailor was equiped with equipment and supplies to make any and all changes necessary to provide a safe enviorment for all. All of this takes time and effort free of charge.... CUDOS to you guys.

As a lot of you guys know I usually bring my horses with me to try and find a place to go roping, I usually am able to find the rodeo grounds and or fair grounds to put my horses .I was able to find a place just up the road to go team roping. These guys could not have been nicer. Gary Wren and Guy whitmarsh joined me and the owner let them chase cattle on horse back and try there hand at roping.. We really had a good time.

IF you guys missed the NAFEX dinner, you missed a fun evening..
The owner was most accomidating concidering that the place closed at 9:00 am and we were there till at least 10:00 pm the staff was most accomidating .. I believe everyone walked out of there with a door price with Noel winning the Grand prize of Telemetry from Marshall. Hats off to the Crys's for putting this together.

Game, Game is where you find it.. and basically it was not in Woodward.
You did have the oppertunity to fly ducks in small ponds especially by the stock yards.
Quite a few guys were driving to the panhandle on a regular basis. There we found jacks, bunnies and pheasants. and quail..
We had two gals from washington join us and we were caught a bunny with their birds within two minutes of being in the field.
I made the treck and was rewarded with some ausome flights with one of our gang "Arnaud" flew his Merlin on quail and with guys from MN that we all flew are redtails in a cast of 3 birds and only had one squawble with my redtail and Grant Andersons bird. Grant quickly seperated the two and that was that.. We had some really qreat flights with the two tails after the jacks. Grant Anderson ended with a jack in the bag.
We then flew our harris's and again we were successful with John Arnt catching a jack with his Tercel Harris.
I did not stay to watch the gal from Washington to fly her tercel Gos , I had a 14 hour drive ahead of me and needed to be at my daughters dinner talbe for Thanksgiving on 1 pm on Thursday .. I made it with only being 1/2 hour late .. All was good
The people of the hotel were most accomidating..I got to talk and visit with people that I only get to see once a year. Two guys from England Gary Wren and Guy Whitmarsh were a blast to see as usuall.
looking forward to next year already...
Hope all you guys made it home safe and sound..