Quote Originally Posted by BigJerHoods View Post
Come on now Jeff, no giving that secret away too easy! I guess it isn't much of a secret anymore. I was disappointed to see a replica of my gear end up in Western Sporting. Craftmanship to the level of a sennit rose should never be available in a catalogue. Falconers should seek out the skilled equipment makers like yourself, Layman, and I guess me too personally and support our craft...that sound too much like a foot stepping up on a soapbox. Sorry!
I don't disagree with any of that Jeremy. Heck it took me two years to figure out the Sennit Rose. Now I tie three different versions. But there are a few people out there that can be trusted. Good braider's in their own right, that only braid for themselves and not for the public. The Sennit Rose is, well it's kind of a quest, it's not a secret. I think everyone that ties it took a long time to figure it out that's why we're reluctant at times to give it up. My best advice when asked about it is do your homework, learn some basic fancy knots, Wall and Crown knots, Matthew Walkers, Manropes, Footropes, Daimond Knots, Lanyard Knots, True Sennit Knots. If you get those down you should be able to figure out a Sennit Rose, although it will take you some time to find the combination. It always comes down to the basics no matter what you're trying to do. It also comes down to how much you want it, and if your willing to put in the work required to get it done.
Keep up the good work, it's always a pleasure to see your craftsmanship. Especially the pieces that I own. Good stuff brother.
My best as always,
Jeff