Thread: Quarry Forum?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Quarry Forum?

I've been wondering if there would be any interest in a Nafex forum devoted to falconry quarry. It would seem to me like a good way to share insights into the behavior and biology of the various game we pursue.
    Tom Gagne- Don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by tumble View Post
    I've been wondering if there would be any interest in a Nafex forum devoted to falconry quarry. It would seem to me like a good way to share insights into the behavior and biology of the various game we pursue.
    Do you mean a thread? If so, I definately say yes! We as falconers should respect and try and learn as much about the game we pursue, along with the conservation of said game.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes indeed!
    Bryant Tarr
    Hawk Hill Falconry

Good Idea! nice thinking LOL.
    Cody Livingston
    RT's RULE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    Do you mean a thread?
    I'm thinking another department. We have a few for raptor classes, one for dogs, etc. The Quarry one could maybe be one whole single forum wherein the individual threads could get more specific (ie. "When is the best time of day to find ***?"; "Tips for flushing pond ducks"; "questions about carrying capacity", etc).
    Tom Gagne- Don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by tumble View Post
    I'm thinking another department. We have a few for raptor classes, one for dogs, etc. The Quarry one could maybe be one whole single forum wherein the individual threads could get more specific (ie. "When is the best time of day to find ***?"; "Tips for flushing pond ducks"; "questions about carrying capacity", etc).
    I see what you mean, like the Apprentice Section, the Dog Section, the Raptor Section, etc. Just have a Quarry section. I see where they do call them forums on here, but I think that is incorrect wording. NAFEX is a forum, the others are sections of this forum. But what ever, I think it is a great idea. Just send a message to Chris and see what he thinks. He is the man to set it up.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think a "Quarry" subsection in the "Raptor Facilities, Imprinting, Food, Breeding and Health" section might fit very well. The closest existing subsection would seem to be "Food Management" and that doesn't quite fit quarry threads IMO.
    I think it would be great to have a place specifically dedicated to wild quarry threads.
    Meridith
    "I've spent the better part of the past year as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent."

I think that would do the trick, Mer.
    Tom Gagne- Don't panic.

Great Idea
    Robert Miller

Orlando, FL

Thread Information