Thread: Location

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Location

I think it would be helpful if in the location people were required or at least encouraged to have something other than a town name. Many town names I don't know where they are, heck even what country. Town names are often duplicated many times across the country. State, province, foreign country, descriptive region[pacific northwest] would all be more helpful. I am not trying to pin down locations so I can be a stalker, but sometimes it would be useful to know what general area people are in.
    Ross Dirks
    Pheasant hawker in NW Iowa

Hi Ross,

I am sorry for the late response. I just saw this thread

I will look into it. The problem is getting people to do it. Many don't even want to sign their names to their posts. It can be a pain PM or emailing people to change it.
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

sorry but i dont feel that just anyone needs to know where you live there is more then just falconers who read these thread and posts and some who dont plan to do nice things to people or thier birds given out your home town just sets you up for anti hunters or people who feel we dont need to have our birds and they can and will turn them loose
    HAROLD JAMES II

I think it is a decent idea. I dont think its that bad of a request. If antis know your town unless they know who you are im sure they wont search your entire town until they find you to do that stuff. ill change mine
    CODY GRISWOLD,Northwest Vermont.

What I think I will do is have the just the state. That helps out the most. If a person wants to know what city they an PM you. I want NAFEX to be a good networking tool. I think this will help
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    What I think I will do is have the just the state. That helps out the most. If a person wants to know what city they an PM you. I want NAFEX to be a good networking tool. I think this will help
    Speaking of, I know someone that needs to change theirs! LOL

Personally, I think boty City and State is nice to have listed! If you know someone's name, you can pretty much find out where they live if you want to bad enough. So worrying about PETA and folks like that, isn't a good enough reason to not have both city and state listed on here.

And again, I wish it was required in their profile for them to list the number of years they have been a falconer. Having someone tell everyone all about how an eagle is flown and then being able to look at their profile and see they are an apprentice would not only help the mods keep some threads on track, it would also help those looking for advice know the experience level of the person posting advice on their thread.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information