Thread: New member in Maryland (DC area)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow I love dart frogs! I was going to buy my first at the White Plains herp show this spring. Do you breed them as well?
    Abby
    Doha, Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by GONEHAWKN View Post
    who, if i may, is your sponsor? with your proximity to Virginia, you may want to consider meeting up with some of those guys/gals at some point in the future.....
    Robert Fraser up in Baltimore. He's a bit far from me (I'm south of the DC beltway) but we have a good enough friendship that I shouldn't drive him away with all my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    What game to you have close to hunt? How is the snow! Still getting it?
    Not exactly sure about small game but I'm sure there's a little bit of everything around here. Lots of open farmland within 20 minutes drive

20-40" depending on where your standing around my place due to snowdrifts. It was really quite bad this past week but we're recovering. I dont think we could handle much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeakehawk View Post
    Wow I love dart frogs! I was going to buy my first at the White Plains herp show this spring. Do you breed them as well?
    I breed any of them that are willing. Recently I've whittled down my workload to focus mainly on Endangered species and more hylids than dendros at the moment. I do have a few odds and ends hopping around that are available though.
    -Lee *3rd year General*
    Maryland (DC area)

Bob Fraser...is he still or was he a cop????
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Thats the one, currently retired.
    -Lee *3rd year General*
    Maryland (DC area)

Just wanted to say to NAFEX.
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Welcome to NAFEX Lee and good luck on your falconry quest
    I have known a few frogs that we kept at the farm I used to live at. One was a very big, smart girl we called Frog (I know, really origional LOL). If I remember correctly she was a white-lipped treefrog (?) from Australia. She would regularly escape from her tank and we would find her in her favorite spot on a very high shelf. I never realised that frogs could have a personality before I knew Frog.
    The others we had were some type of dendrobates, I can't remember what kind. At the school I'm going to now we have the green and black poison arrow frogs (Dendrobates auratus). I don't know very much about them yet.
    What type is the one in your picture? It's gorgeous.
    Meridith
    "I've spent the better part of the past year as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent."

Welcome to NAFEX. BTW: The problem you will have with keeping a bird is the ******)(*&^%%$ Homeowners Association. I have an intense hatred of them especially after being a real-estate agent. I felt that the rules killed several of my sales when the prospective buyers saw how in their personal business they are and how HMA's interfered with their lives. HMA's are often run by power hungry, small minded homeowners associations and covenants that go with them. I feel that they should be outlawed. They offer no value to the property, in fact in my experience, they detract from property values.
    Kitty Carroll -- The Hawk of May

~~ The essence of falconry is not in the flight or the kill,
    but man's relationship with his hawk --- Terance Hanbury White~~

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeakehawk View Post
    White Plains show? as in New York? I go to that one alot.I buy my mice for the birds there. There's always alot of dart frogs there. My daughter had the bumblebee frogs for awhile. I used to have panther Chameleons(Ambanja and Nosy Be blues).I always wanted a Parson's but you could buy a goshawk for the same price! I raised silkworms and roaches(discoid,hissing and lobster) to feed them. I also had Oketee corns from Lee Abbott, a bunch of harlequin and flame crested geckos and bearded dragons.The coolest thing I bought at that show was a giant African water bug,it was about 4-5" long. It ate goldfish and lobster roaches.I kept it in an open bowl for about 2 weeks until I researched it online and found out that they could fly! I usally go to the Hamburg show every year,just to look at the venomous stuff. I'd love to have a gaboonXrhino viper hybrid,but with my luck I'd get tagged for sure!
    Nick

Thread Information