Thread: Hello from Oklahoma

Default Hello from Oklahoma

Thought I'd drop a line to say hi, I'm from Enid, Oklahoma. I'm really interested in the sport, but I would like to take the time to learn more about it before I commit to getting a bird. I have trained and hunted coon & squirrel dogs for over 20 yrs. I recently sold all my dogs and have took the time to look at other hunting sports and have always thought this would be neat to do. I have located a gentleman in my home town that could sponsor me, So I will be talking with him very soon, and asking him if I can tag along. I think I will have enough time to spend with a bird, I work from 4:30 a.m. and usually off work by 1:30 p.m. so this would give me every afternoon to train and fly it.. I also have around 5-miles of hunting land I hunt. which includes creek bottoms and prairie, with abundance of wildlife, Pheasent, Quail, squirrel, rabbit, Etc. If there're other Falconers in my area please feel free to give me call, I would like to go a few times to really get an idea on what I'm getting into. Like I said I have ALOT of hunting land...

Thanks
    Shelby
    580-278-1293

Shelby, Nice to meet you. Is the person you talked to in Enid named Eric?
    Chris Kimble - "Hit it Hard"

Quote Originally Posted by chris kimble View Post
    Shelby, Nice to meet you. Is the person you talked to in Enid named Eric?
    No, The lady at the wildlife dept. just gave me his name and number today when I called for my packet. His name is Lee Grater and she said he Sponsors. I tried to call him earlier and it went to his mail box, which said it was full so I couildn't leave a message. So I guess Eric lives here in Enid as well ? I would sure like to meet some people around here close, to get to see what I might be getting my self into .....

Lee is a good guy. I met him at the AFC meet this year. Quality!
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    Lee is a good guy. I met him at the AFC meet this year. Quality!

Good too hear that !! Hope to meet him soon, and find out a little more about this sport...

Shelby. You may want to read the dog thread and look at getting back into training a dog to hunt with the bird.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Shelby, I think Eric Pribil is still living there. He is one of our apprentice coordinators and you can find his info on the Oklahoma Falconers Association's website . I've known Eric for a long time and he is great guy. I'd offer to take you hawking, but I wont be in the state much longer! All the best,
    Chris Kimble - "Hit it Hard"

Quote Originally Posted by chris kimble View Post
    Shelby, I think Eric Pribil is still living there. He is one of our apprentice coordinators and you can find his info on the Oklahoma Falconers Association's website . I've known Eric for a long time and he is great guy. I'd offer to take you hawking, but I wont be in the state much longer! All the best,
    Thanks Chris really appreciate the info...

Shelby, I will be in the Okarche area in the morning, 2/20
    Oscar

Thread Information