Thread: Wendy's first moult

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wendy's first moult

Here are a few photos of my passage dark morph Red-Tail "Wendy" who is now moulting.

Conor
    Temecula CA

Conor,
    I hope you will keep this thread updated when you can. I've always thought, (and I know that there are those who agree with me) that there arent enough comparison photos of juvie-adult plumage for redtails. There is so much variety in RT's and I cant count the number of times I've seen an interesting passage bird and asked myself what it might look like when it molts.... There are a lot of really strange looking redtails out there!

In fact, I would like to see a thread started here just for people to post "before & after" photos of their hawks, especially redtails. Any takers out there?

BTW, I really like your bird. Theres just something about those dark ones that I like!
    Chris Kimble - "Hit it Hard"

Quote Originally Posted by chris kimble View Post
    Conor,
    I hope you will keep this thread updated when you can. I've always thought, (and I know that there are those who agree with me) that there arent enough comparison photos of juvie-adult plumage for redtails. There is so much variety in RT's and I cant count the number of times I've seen an interesting passage bird and asked myself what it might look like when it molts.... There are a lot of really strange looking redtails out there!

In fact, I would like to see a thread started here just for people to post "before & after" photos of their hawks, especially redtails. Any takers out there?

BTW, I really like your bird. Theres just something about those dark ones that I like!
    Thank you very much she is an amazing bird and I will most likely keep her for life.

I will update this thread every time I see new feathers coming in.
    Conor
    Temecula CA

(in the voice of Tom Hanks as Forest Gump)

Molt is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
    Fred Seaman
    “Ask, Listen, Learn, Grow”

I remember the first time I had a red-tail go through the molt. I kept every single feather, had a piece of cardboard that I layed them out on and pinned them and had the entire birds feathers on that board when she finished. I now bitch about having to pick up all the feathers. LOL Boy, how things change as the years go by! But I agree, it would be great to see before, during, and after pictures of not only red-tails, but all different types of birds on this thread or another one started just for it.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    I remember the first time I had a red-tail go through the molt. I kept every single feather, had a piece of cardboard that I layed them out on and pinned them and had the entire birds feathers on that board when she finished.
    That's just great you gave me yet another idea on how to wayste my time ha.

My sponsor used to bitch about cleaning up feathers but now he just sends me in to do it.
    Conor
    Temecula CA

Quote Originally Posted by conorhawk View Post
    That's just great you gave me yet another idea on how to wayste my time ha.

My sponsor used to bitch about cleaning up feathers but now he just sends me in to do it.
    Hmmm, you just gave me an idea, maybe I need to get an apprentice! LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

yep thats me
    flush duck off a pond, yard work, feed the pigeons, clean the pigeon loft, cut up hawk food, feed the falcons, clean the chambers, pick up pine needles, take out the trash, and clean the mutes off the garage floor.

then I get home and have homework
    make braided gear,fly my bird, cut up my hawk food, clean my bird's mutes, cut the grass in my weathering yard, feed my pigeons, clean my pigeon loft, and take photos to post on NAFEX

hey I'm not saying a word I love what I do almost...
    Conor
    Temecula CA

Thread Information