I haven't made a post in a particularly long time (compared to my previous intervals). Nothing happened to me. I am still here and still undeterred.

Spring break just ended. I went to several wildlife preserves and parks, hiked off trail with my scope.

Went to...

Grassy Waters Preserve
Merritt Island NWR
Riverbend Park
Jonathan Dickinson State Park

I saw 2 snail kites (mated pair), 2 or 3 swallow-tailed kites, 3 bald eagles (2were eyasses just a week or two from departing the nest), countless osprey and nests.

Others spotted were moorhen, willet, roseate spoonbill, florida scrub-jay, red winged blackbirds, caspian terns, tricolor heron, white ibis, great white egret, cardinals, and red belly woodpeckers.

Twice I saw what appeared to be red shouldered hawks being harrassed by boat tailed grackles. It is speculative.

I am looking for opportunities to go camping now.

I am reading another falconry book, and Falcon Fever by Tim Gallagher (2008). I checked out birdwatching field guides and have been studying them. I have alot of ground to cover to go after my dream.

I am still eager to meet any falconers in the Brevard County area and observe hunts (if any haven't hacked their birds back to the wilds yet)

I got in a bit of off-trail exploration. I am really looking for opportunities to go camping about now.