Thread: Seeking

Default Seeking

Just joined the forum. I am looking for friends of mine. Terry Spring and Rick Anderson. My mail cobusb@mtn.blackberry.com Both visited me in South Africa.

Hello and welcome to NAFEX.

Please have a look around and familiarize yourself with how the forums work. One forum that most people find the most useful is the site information. This is where you can learn to post photos (first thing almost everybody wants to know).

Please take the time to go to the introduction forum and tell us all a little about yourself. Also please take the time to go to user cp (located on the left side of your screen, near the top) and add your signature automatically to your post, real first name at a minimum please. This helps keep things friendly around the threads, as people will know who they are talking to.

Again, welcome to NAFEX! Let one of the moderators know if you need anything.

NAFEX Moderating team
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by dirthawking View Post
    real first name at a minimum please. This helps keep things friendly around the threads, as people will know who they are talking to.
    Hey Cobus how's it going. Are you still flying birds?

Brad

Brad you old coot. Are you still alive and well. Been many years. I moved from old town to what we call the Garden Route. Richmans paradise No falconry though. Opened a display centre. Lasted a few years and had fun with all kinds of raptors but the call of the wild was too loud. Now live in falconry heavan and flying a Gyr/Saker/Pere. My African Pere tiercel should arrive next week. Our season just started.. Damn good to hear from u.send me your private mail. Mine cobusb@mtn.blackberry.com

Quote Originally Posted by cobus View Post
    Just joined the forum. I am looking for friends of mine. Terry Spring and Rick Anderson. My mail cobusb@mtn.blackberry.com Both visited me in South Africa.
    I know Rick, but have not talked to him in years. The 06 NAFA directory still lists him in Arlington Wa., but gives no email.
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

I met Rick in 1988 And in 1999 he came to visit me. Good guy. Brought me the tools patterns and blocks to make hoods. A lot of falconets here are now using his patterns.would really like to contact him if anyone can help.
    Cobus
    Falconry till I die

I met Rick in 1988 And in 1999 he came to visit me. Good guy. Brought me the tools patterns and blocks to make hoods. A lot of falconets here are now using his patterns.would really like to contact him if anyone can help.
    I used one of his hoods on my new gyr until I could get a new one ordered. The date on it was 92 and it was my main hood for a gyr back them. The problem now is that it is just too light and a new passage has a tendancy to eventually cave in the eye area. Are your patterns 2 piece? Strange hood but the fit and eye space were great! In another life time he taught me to make a hood also, but it didn't look much like his!

I will pm you the phone number in the directory...hope that helps.
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

I have three patterns but the two piece is the best fit. Give me your private mail and I will send photo. I don't call my hoods a master piece but rather a relatively affordeble field hood. Many falconers have bought from me and some of them are still in use after 15 Years.
    Cobus
    Falconry till I die

Brad you old coot. Are you still alive and well. Been many years. I moved from old town to what we call the Garden Route. Richmans paradise No falconry though. Opened a display centre. Lasted a few years and had fun with all kinds of raptors but the call of the wild was too loud. Now live in falconry heavan and flying a Gyr/Saker/Pere. My African Pere tiercel should arrive next week. Our season just started.. Damn good to hear from u.send me your private mail. Mine cobusb@mtn.blackberry.com
    Yep, I'm still using air.

Do you still have sandgrouse to hawk?

Brad

Default Terry Spring

Hello,

Terry Spring used to belong to the " Longwingers " list owned by Roy Priest of British Columbia. I have not seen Terry post very often in recent years.
    I don't personally know Rick Anderson, but I might be able to locate both for you with a few phone calls.

Did Rick Anderson once live in N.W. Washington State ?

Dan Fenske
    Dan Fenske
    Harrisburg, Oregon

No Grouse where I stay now but loads of duck and partridge. Still travel the 500 odd km to visit but no longer fly Lanners. Still love them to bits have been flying hybrids the last three years. Getting my tietcel African Pere next week.
    Cobus
    Falconry till I die

Quote Originally Posted by California Native View Post
    Hello,

Terry Spring used to belong to the " Longwingers " list owned by Roy Priest of British Columbia. I have not seen Terry post very often in recent years.
    I don't personally know Rick Anderson, but I might be able to locate both for you with a few phone calls.

Did Rick Anderson once live in N.W. Washington State ?

Dan Fenske
    If you are a NAFA member, you can go to the NAFA website and put Anderson in the Member Lookup and you will get a Richard Anderson in WA with his address and information.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks Dan but I'm not a member. Have some guys making calls.
    Cobus
    Falconry till I die

No Grouse where I stay now but loads of duck and partridge. Still travel the 500 odd km to visit but no longer fly Lanners. Still love them to bits have been flying hybrids the last three years. Getting my tietcel African Pere next week.
    Good luck with the tiercel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellbrad View Post
    Hey Cobus how's it going. Are you still flying birds?

Brad
    Geeez, Brad. Who dont you know??? It seems like everytime some lost and wayward soul shows up from the deep dark recesses of the world..you know'em.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by outhawkn View Post
    Geeez, Brad. Who dont you know??? It seems like everytime some lost and wayward soul shows up from the deep dark recesses of the world..you know'em.
    Yea and they all call me an old coot too<G>

Yep, and you should make that your signature!
    www.Dirthawking.com

Default Fred's help !

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    If you are a NAFA member, you can go to the NAFA website and put Anderson in the Member Lookup and you will get a Richard Anderson in WA with his address and information.
    Hello Cobus,

Fred posted a way to help here. It was Fred who suggested how you might find your friends via NAFA membership list.

Dan Fenske
    Dan Fenske
    Harrisburg, Oregon

Bill

Default Still need information ?

Hello Cobus,

The phone number you sent in a PM is good and I spoke with Rick Anderson a few days ago. He is in Washington State. Are you looking for a different Rick Anderson in Alberta ?
    Dan Fenske
    Harrisburg, Oregon

Its been a long time since I have been in touch with Terry Spring, but I am sure Dave Knutson in Spokane, Wa would have his email address.

I have an email address for Rick Anderson. I sent him an email and gave him your address.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Cobus
    Falconry till I die

you have to post the image code, not the http
    www.Dirthawking.com

I'm trying my best Mario. I get into bucket ask for URL and get four choices. It on top I'm then direct and then two html. The last html is IMG. What am I doing wrong.
    Cobus
    Falconry till I die

I'm trying my best Mario. I get into bucket ask for URL and get four choices. It on top I'm then direct and then two html. The last html is IMG. What am I doing wrong.
    http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=1407
    www.Dirthawking.com

Cobus
    Falconry till I die

Use the IMG code.
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Thanks you all. I see my pics apear on my other thread. Hacking Black Spars. A moderater can kill this thread now.
    Cobus
    Falconry till I die

Thread Information