Thread: Greetings from MD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When I took it at the DNR in Annapolis they told me I could take the NYS test or the old federal exam. I took the fed test and some of the questions were really quite outdated and included some things on diet that I disagreed with (but don't remember specifics now). It was, however, very easy.
    The person who administered my test was Mary Goldie mgoldie@dnr.state.md.us and I have emailed her about various other permitting questions; she is very helpful.
    Abby
    Doha, Qatar

Thanks for the contact information, Abby. It is really appreciated.

As for the availability of two tests, I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. Honestly though, if I've done my homework (and with the help of the right sponsor) I should be able to pass either test. From what I've heard, you study for the test and then dismiss most of that and begin your true learning with real experience.
    - Jimmy

Jimmy... I live close to you (Conowingo) and work in Elkton, (drive through North East every day). There's a few others in the County too. I took down the web site because it wasn't being used or updated much, etc.

You should be able to take your test in Bel Air, I don't think you'll have to go to Annapolis but... not 100% sure. One of the local DNR officers in the County is also a Falconer so I can put you in touch with him too if you want. He'd probably be the one to do your inspection I think.

Send me a PM or email if you want...
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

PM sent. Thanks for the information.
    - Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by superparabuteo View Post
    I live close to you (Conowingo)
    I used to do a lot of fishing under the dam in the spring.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    I used to do a lot of fishing under the dam in the spring.
    I love fishing below the dam when the water is really low in the summer and you can wade out in the rocks. There's a lot of good fishing around here, I especially love to fish for small mouth bass. But you can catch some big striped bass there. People come from all over the place to fish the annual shad run around here and it's about to start up too.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Thread Information