View Poll Results: How many falconers live around here?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Northern Minnesota

2 33.33%
  • Minnesota

3 50.00%
  • Wisconsin

0 0%
  • North Dakota

0 0%
  • South Dakota

1 16.67%
  • Canada near MN

0 0%

Thread: Hello from MN! Looking for help...

Default Hello from MN! Looking for help...

Is there anyone in northern minnesota who could help me get started in falconry? Or someone who I could join on a hunt just to get more familiar with it? Thanks! I appreciate any help.

Have you checked with the Minnesota Falconry Associtation?

Welcome to the forum.
    Scott L.

Michigan

Ive gone to their website, but there doesnt seem to be an easy way to connect with members. I will email the association if I cant find anyone here. There is also a dinner planned for next weekend that I can't make it to.

welcome to the forums
    HAROLD JAMES II

Hello and welcome to the forum. Please sign all of your posts with at least your first name. The easiest thing to do is put it in your signature.

Take a minute to introduce yourself, you are more apt to get helpful answers if we know who you are

thanks

Chris
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenTheGait View Post
    Ive gone to their website, but there doesnt seem to be an easy way to connect with members. I will email the association if I cant find anyone here. There is also a dinner planned for next weekend that I can't make it to.
    A couple on here...ya should try harder for the dinner, an excellent mixer! You can stand a day from work! He**, I've given up a couple to attend.(probably more times than they'd like) They are a tolerant bunch If they don't respond, PM me & I'll setcha up !!!!
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Where exactly do you live in northern Minnesota?
    Bill

''They are a tolerant bunch''

Yep
    ''I gotta life,that most would love to have,..but sometimes i still wake up fightin' mad..''
    Gaz..

Lol, most of us are fairly friendly, anyways Unfortunately, you're too late for hunting this season (hunting season goes from Sep1-Feb28). I would send that email, you should get a response fairly quickly. There are a few falconers up north, but it depends on where you are. There are some in Duluth area, then some more around Little Falls, I know. Your best bet to meet people is to come to a MFA meeting. I'm not sure when the next one is after the Game Dinner though...

I too am from MN. Grew up in and started my falconry in Duluth but now live in south central/western MN. I think we will have a May meeting. I was thinking of doing the necropsy/post mortem/anatomy training during that meeting.
    Jill
    Hector MN

Jill r u also ordering in Pizza with all kinds of toppings and hot melted cheese to go with that meeting ..
    David

Heck it is a daily occurance for me to be eating lunch with one hand and posting a pig with the other

Come on you sissy, a little blood and guts meerly stimulates the immune system
    Jill
    Hector MN

Cool I like having meetings every month. It makes it easy to remember. Did you want everyone to bring their own quail?

Interesting thread...all thats missing is the thread originator.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by outhawkn View Post
    Interesting thread...all thats missing is the thread originator.
    Well you should expect me to be missing if you are going to talk about blood and guts for supper at your next meeting! j/k I worked for a veterinarian for a while and that stuff doesnt bother me.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I won't be replying too often because I don't have internet at home. Which, since you asked, is in Hibbing. Thats too bad that the hunting season is over. I don't understand, is it regulated? Wild birds eat all year long, why not hunt in the summer? Ill think about going to the dinner...

-Joanne

Well you should expect me to be missing if you are going to talk about blood and guts for supper at your next meeting! j/k I worked for a veterinarian for a while and that stuff doesnt bother me.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I won't be replying too often because I don't have internet at home. Which, since you asked, is in Hibbing. Thats too bad that the hunting season is over. I don't understand, is it regulated? Wild birds eat all year long, why not hunt in the summer? Ill think about going to the dinner...

-Joanne
    send me an email" outhawkn@netzero.net
    Bill

-Joanne
    Lol, it's the most regulated sport in existence. Here's a link to the MN DNR's falconry page-it has the current regs (they'll be changing in the next year or two) and some other info of use.
    http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/eco/nonga...nry/index.html

Thread Information