Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call For Director Nominations

Arrow Call For Director Nominations

Hello All,

It's getting to be that time of year when your CS begins putting together the Call for Director Nominations packet. I am readying this and it will be in the mail within the next few weeks. There will be a complete page of details for nominations plus a return-by-mail form.

If you would like to serve the Association as a member of the board please consider running for one of the Director positions. It is perfectly fine to put your own name into the hat.

As your CS I am charged with securing candidates for each directorate. Multiple candidates for each area is my goal. After all one 'choice' isn't really a choice is it? (Though if your director is doing a super job that's not a bad thing.)

So here's a heads-up - I will be looking for nominations for the following regions and one Director-At-Large:

South Pacific
    Mountain
    Great Lakes
    Canada
    Director-At-Large
    Please note: this is a courtesy notice only. Wait for the mailing to arrive to utilize the instructions and accompanying form.

If you wish to view the nomination instructions immediately you can find this in the member area of the Association web site. The information posted is from last year but I will change this shortly. The basic details should remain the same. (www.n-a-f-a.com)

Thank you from your North American Falconers Association Corresponding Secretary.

One final thought - if you haven't renewed yet or wish to become a member and get involved please let me know. I will assist you with this so you may participate in the upcoming election.

All the best,
    Donna in Nebraska, USA
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Well so far, we have nominations for Ralph Rogers, Daryl Perkins and Ron Clarke for the upcoming DAL position. I think the deadline to get nominations in is June 6. Whom is the best person that you know to move falconry in the right direction? Will there be anymore nominations?
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

The deadline for nominations is midnight on 5 June, 2010, so don't wait if you want to step up or if someone you'd like to nominate is interested in running. If you'd rather not jump into the arena yourself, be sure to at least let the candidates know what you want from NAFA and what you want to see for falconry in the future.
    Ron Clarke 2944 Captain Cook Estates Circle Anchorage, AK 99517
    (907) 723-6840 ronclarke56@gmail.com

Thanks for the correction Ron! I also want to encourage NAFAX members to join NAFA in time to vote in the upcoming elections! Members here are among the best informed falconers anywhere and we can have a major impact on this and all elections. If you are less than satisfied, or feel that recent small improvements don't address the past problems within the NAFA board, here is your chance to help make a change.

Last I looked we still had no nomination for Mountain Director and it would be great to not see the Canadian Director, Mark Williams run unopposed. So what happens if there are no nominations for a directorship? Does the board fill the open position?
    Jeff,

Come on Jeff, you should run for mountain director. No time like the present!
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

As much as I might like too, I can't. I have heard that you have been asked to run, what do you say?
    Jeff,

Quote Originally Posted by sharptail View Post
    As much as I might like too, I can't. I have heard that you have been asked to run, what do you say?
    Yes, I've been asked. Someday I'll run, but right now there are too many issues at the state level that need to be resolved.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Donna wrote, One final thought - if you haven't renewed yet or wish to become a member and get involved please let me know. I will assist you with this so you may participate in the upcoming election.
    Jeff wrote, “Last I looked we still had no nomination for Mountain Director and it would be great to not see the Canadian Director, Mark Williams run unopposed. So what happens if there are no nominations for a directorship? Does the board fill the open position?” “Well so far, we have nominations for Ralph Rogers, Daryl Perkins and Ron Clarke for the upcoming DAL position.”
    If Regional Directors end up running unopposed and old blood like Ralph and Daryl are running for DAL, can we assume NAFA is wilting for some reason or several reasons? Personally, I was pleased the 2010 NAFA elected board members seemed to be new blood for the organization and NAFA had a new president and vice president.
    It is clear NAFA has many qualified falconers living in the Mountain Region who have the skills and experience to be of great value to help lead NAFA in 2011&2012. Personally I will be uncomfortable if someone runs unopposed in the Mountain Directorate.
    Can anyone share how many members NAFA had at the end of 2009?
    J. Stoddart

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Donna wrote, One final thought - if you haven't renewed yet or wish to become a member and get involved please let me know. I will assist you with this so you may participate in the upcoming election.
    Jeff wrote, “Last I looked we still had no nomination for Mountain Director and it would be great to not see the Canadian Director, Mark Williams run unopposed. So what happens if there are no nominations for a directorship? Does the board fill the open position?” “Well so far, we have nominations for Ralph Rogers, Daryl Perkins and Ron Clarke for the upcoming DAL position.”
    If Regional Directors end up running unopposed and old blood like Ralph and Daryl are running for DAL, can we assume NAFA is wilting for some reason or several reasons? Personally, I was pleased the 2010 NAFA elected board members seemed to be new blood for the organization and NAFA had a new president and vice president.
    It is clear NAFA has many qualified falconers living in the Mountain Region who have the skills and experience to be of great value to help lead NAFA in 2011&2012. Personally I will be uncomfortable if someone runs unopposed in the Mountain Directorate.
    J. Stoddart
    Here's a thread that ran last summer about NAFA's declining numbers:

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=5218

Some interesting reading.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Here's a thread that ran last summer about NAFA's declining numbers:

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=5218

Some interesting reading.
    Hi Paul,

I wish you hadn't offered that link --- my normally cheery disposition has just been shattered......

I can't offer any worthwhile thoughts on the situation in the US, but if it's of any interest I can tell you the arguments seem all too familiar ---- and there was me thinking you gentlemen never had a cross word to say.

However, for what it's worth, I would like to say I've met some of the above mentioned folk at IAF meetings and suchlike, and I believe you are incredibly lucky to have a choice of commited, talented, and diplomatic people willing to serve the interests of US falconers to the very best of their ability.

I would urge everyone to support whoever is voted into the various positions if at all possible, and use your votes to make change as required.
    Division amongst falconers is the most powerful tool in the armoury of those you should be united against.

Sorry for poking my nose where it doesn't belong,

best wishes,

Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    J. Stoddart
    I thought Ralph wasn't going to run for any more NAFA offices.

I'd run for DAL or Mountain Director. Would that mean I'd have to join NAFA again? Would that mean I'd have to say nice things about the USFWS and how pro falconry they really are?
    Dan McCarron
    John 3: 16

Quote Originally Posted by wyodjm View Post

I'd run for DAL or Mountain Director. Would that mean I'd have to join NAFA again? Would that mean I'd have to say nice things about the USFWS and how pro falconry they really are?
    I didn't think that Ralph was running either?

Dan, I'll pay for your membership if you run, seriously. Nah, you can say what ever you want about the USFWS, as long as you say nice things about me !
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

I'd run for DAL or Mountain Director. Would that mean I'd have to join NAFA again?
    Yes, get it done and I will nominate you!!!!!
    Jeff,

Unfortunately you can't just join and run. You must be a paid member in good standing. That's why Sulski was not allowed to run. He had not paid current dues for the election year. Just FYI to all.

Secondly Ralph has said he's not running, he is, he's bowing out of the position, no wait he's staying. If he's that iffy on the commitment how can we expect him to serve diligently.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    Unfortunately you can't just join and run. You must be a paid member in good standing. That's why Sulski was not allowed to run. He had not paid current dues for the election year. Just FYI to all..
    Just FYI, I was kidding. Why would I want to join NAFA?

Secondly Ralph has said he's not running, he is, he's bowing out of the position, no wait he's staying. If he's that iffy on the commitment how can we expect him to serve diligently.
    Hey........he keeps getting elected! I don't think Ralph's the real issue!
    Dan McCarron

I don't think Ralph's the real issue!
    I think the real issue is a bunch of falconers bitching about NAFA but doing nothing about it! Step up or stop complaining! Tired of all this sissy whining! Damn, is it time to go trapping yet! LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    I think the real issue is a bunch of falconers bitching about NAFA but doing nothing about it! Step up or stop complaining! Tired of all this sissy whining! Damn, is it time to go trapping yet! LOL
    Hey Fred, what have you done to move the election process forward? I didn't see your name put forth! Perhaps you nominated Darryl or Ralph? Whinning? Who is whinning? Perhaps a time for a little self examination, there bud. lol
    Jeff,

This is ridiculous. Barry goes trolling for responses by tossing out the old "what has NAFA done for me?" gripe, and now Jeff is bashing Fred for not stepping up to the plate. C'mon. Last year, in the thread that I referenced above people bitched and moaned about NAFA not having a forum to voice their concerns, now NAFA has a forum, and guess what? No one uses it, hmmmm.....If you NAFA members want to elicit a response from your directors, then post and keep posting on the NAFA forum until you get a response. Complaining here on NAFEX is strictly an exercise in self flatulation!
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

I thought Ralph wasn't going to run for any more NAFA offices
    Can anyone say "Bret Farve"?
    Pete J
    It's all just too Zen for me.

Well said Paul, WELL SAID!!!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

This is ridiculous. Barry goes trolling for responses by tossing out the old "what has NAFA done for me?" gripe, and now Jeff is bashing Fred for not stepping up to the plate. C'mon. Last year, in the thread that I referenced above people bitched and moaned about NAFA not having a forum to voice their concerns, now NAFA has a forum, and guess what? No one uses it, hmmmm.....If you NAFA members want to elicit a response from your directors, then post and keep posting on the NAFA forum until you get a response. Complaining here on NAFEX is strictly an exercise in self flatulation!
    To be fair, I probably didn't help things. Forgive me. I wish NAFA well now and in the future.
    Dan McCarron

Complaining here on NAFEX is strictly an exercise in self flatulation!
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

This is ridiculous. and now Jeff is bashing Fred for not stepping up to the plate.
    Well Paul, Fred deserved everything he has gotten here. What I am critizising Fred for is accusing me of not stepping up and just whinning. I have put considerable time and effort into getting some people nominated, I know that you have noticed that there are no nomination for Mountain Director, and you also declined to step up. I didn't see any rules aginst doing NAFA business on NAFEX, and yes i do find the NAFA forum to be unresponsive.

So your solution is to bitch and moan and whine...go figure
    Jeff,

Jeff, I think you need to slow down alittle and re-read some posts. I think everybody NEEDS to stop throwing stones! Fred is trying to get stuff done, as are other people. The guard of NAFA is changing. New blood is stepping up. I am TIRED or hearing what has NAFA done...blah blah blah... I stepped up, as have a few others. Other people have done nominations too. Others have said no thank you. Paul explained that his priorities to his state regs take priority. As did mine, as I am sure do yours. Step it back a few and realize that not everybody has time to commit fully, but dont just sit back and bitch about everybody else.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Bobby Kennedy used to tell audiences of young people "we can all make a difference and each of us should try." We all have something to contribute: knowledge; experience; informed opinion; elbow grease; whatever. None of us has a monopoly on good ideas, so get involved and share your thoughts. N.B.: Clear articulation of what falconers want from NAFA or dream of for the future of falconry is much more useful than vague complaints, even those borne of legitimate frustration.

Here's an opportunity to get involved: Darryl Perkins has respectfully declined nomination as a candidate for NAFA Director-At-Large. It won't serve the process very well if I am an uncontested candidate for that position. Any takers?

Hi Ron,
    The email that I got from the NAFA president, stated that Ralph Rogers has also been nominated for that position, is this incorrect?
    Jeff,

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Clarke View Post
    Bobby Kennedy used to tell audiences of young people "we can all make a difference and each of us should try." We all have something to contribute: knowledge; experience; informed opinion; elbow grease; whatever. None of us has a monopoly on good ideas, so get involved and share your thoughts. N.B.: Clear articulation of what falconers want from NAFA or dream of for the future of falconry is much more useful than vague complaints, even those borne of legitimate frustration.

Here's an opportunity to get involved: Darryl Perkins has respectfully declined nomination as a candidate for NAFA Director-At-Large. It won't serve the process very well if I am an uncontested candidate for that position. Any takers?
    Robert Kennedy also said, “ In this life only God and angels can be spectators, the rest of us have to participate.” In my opinion, NAFA does not need any more leaders fighting among themselves. The organization needs workers committed to improving the organization. When an international organization has any uncontested director elections that do not involve an incumbent director, there is some wrong? An uncontested DAL position is a larger indicator, there is something amiss.
    Can anyone share if the NAFA membership at the end of 2009 had declined significantly compared to 2008?
    Jack Stoddart

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Clarke View Post
    Thank God! I have no problem with you being uncontested!
    Krys Langevin

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    Can anyone say "Bret Farve"?
    Krys Langevin

To be fair, I probably didn't help things. Forgive me. I wish NAFA well now and in the future.
    Dan this is your m.o. Stir the pot then apologize and wish NAFA the best. If you really did wish them the best you would get off your high horse and rejoin. NAFA IS changing. It is easy to see now.
    Krys Langevin

Hey Fred, what have you done to move the election process forward? I didn't see your name put forth! Perhaps you nominated Darryl or Ralph? Whinning? Who is whinning? Perhaps a time for a little self examination, there bud. lol
    I tell you what Jeff, you take over the duties of webmaster for the NAFA website and I will be glad to run for DAL. I don't have time to do both. I am in the process of creating an online meet registration (have to mail them in the old way), creating online registration for new members (again, have to mail in), creating a list of all U.S. breeders for all falconers to have access to on the website (not just NAFA members). So don't jump my **** asking me what am I doing about the election! You better do your research before you stick your big foot in your mouth! I am trying to do my part and I am just trying to get others to step up and help and quit whining! If you took my post as directed at you specifically, then it must have hit a nerve! It was meant for everyone!
    Last edited by Dirthawking; 05-28-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: swearing
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    So don't jump my **** asking me what am I doing about the election!
    Ooooooh the swear word police are going to get you!
    Last edited by Dirthawking; 05-28-2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: removed swearing quote
    Krys Langevin

Hi Ron,
    The email that I got from the NAFA president, stated that Ralph Rogers has also been nominated for that position, is this incorrect?
    Hi Jeff,

My understanding was that Ralph wasn't going to run again, but we'd probably best ask him directly to confirm one way or the other.

Dan this is your m.o. Stir the pot then apologize and wish NAFA the best. If you really did wish them the best you would get off your high horse and rejoin. NAFA IS changing. It is easy to see now.
    Dude, you don't know me from Adam. Send me a private PM, and we'll compare resumes. If not, back off. Please! Don't be mean!
    Dan McCarron

Hi Fred,
    I have long been aware of your service to NAFA, and that is great, but that doesn't move the election process forward. Your criticisum of those working on getting some nominations here, is not appreciated, no matter what else you do for falconry. I don't expect you to run for office.
    Jeff,

Thread Information