Donna wrote, One final thought - if you haven't renewed yet or wish to become a member and get involved please let me know. I will assist you with this so you may participate in the upcoming election.
Jeff wrote, “Last I looked we still had no nomination for Mountain Director and it would be great to not see the Canadian Director, Mark Williams run unopposed. So what happens if there are no nominations for a directorship? Does the board fill the open position?” “Well so far, we have nominations for Ralph Rogers, Daryl Perkins and Ron Clarke for the upcoming DAL position.”
If Regional Directors end up running unopposed and old blood like Ralph and Daryl are running for DAL, can we assume NAFA is wilting for some reason or several reasons? Personally, I was pleased the 2010 NAFA elected board members seemed to be new blood for the organization and NAFA had a new president and vice president.
It is clear NAFA has many qualified falconers living in the Mountain Region who have the skills and experience to be of great value to help lead NAFA in 2011&2012. Personally I will be uncomfortable if someone runs unopposed in the Mountain Directorate.
Can anyone share how many members NAFA had at the end of 2009?
J. Stoddart