Hello,

My name is Ben, and I'm from North New Jersey. I'm entirely new to anything falconry but I am interested in the sport. I am an amature photographer, and would like to eventually mix the two together.

As of right now, I have only just begun to scratch the surface and learn was falconry is all about. If this is something that I'd like to participate in, I have no target as to when I would begin. The earliest I could see would be 2 to 3 years.

In the meantime, I am trying to soak up information, meet up with a few falconers and get some demonstrations and maybe help out.

I am an avid hunter (rifle/shotgun) as well as an animal guy. I think that the idea of training and working with an animal to eventually hunt is an amazing idea, and assuming that I can do what is required, would be great to do.

I own a small house with a small yard in NJ, and I dont know if that may preclude me from falconry as I don't have a lot of land for mews, etc. I havent received my state information yet regarding falconry. I hope that I'm not sure what is required to build or whether the hawk can remain indoors. All of this I hope to learn from the forum and any falconers I can locate in my area.

To sum it up: Hi, and thanks for having me on the forum.

-Ben