Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packing list for 2010 NAFA Meet?

Question Packing list for 2010 NAFA Meet?

Please, help me create a packing list for someone going to the 2010 NAFA Meet in Kansas.... Can be real or funny....

I want to include it in the Hawk Chalk on the page with the current Meet information.

Any ideas?

I don't have a lot of space for it but would like some input from all of you.

Thanks for your help.

Bird(s) - I have forgotten mine when going hunting.
    Rabbit Skin Hat - Being the lure is fun!
    Ryan - Boise, ID
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

portable tornado shelter.
    has anyone seen the KHC logo?

Cameron
    18 tarantulas

Default M W B B G G

M
    W
    B
    B
    G
    G

(Meat, Whistle, Bird, Boots, Glove, Glasses.)

My litany for every hawking day. If you have these essentials your meet experience will probably be very good.
    Donna in Nebraska, USA
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

birds, food for the birds, clothing, money and as the great frank used to say single malt scotch. thats all you need
    Jason Pollack, Custom Gunsmith
    http://www.pcwguns.com/

Birds,..food,Blue Heeler,Coke,CanadaDry,Jaimeson,Jack Daniels,Ice,Wallmart cooler/roping dummy,doppy ex-firefighter,aging cowboy,intelligent hansome postie ....Horses,Tack ,Hay...sorry,is that just us????
    ''I gotta life,that most would love to have,..but sometimes i still wake up fightin' mad..''
    Gaz..

birds, vest, gloves, scale, food, first aid kit, perches, bath pan, game shears
    dogs, food bowels (important), dog food (also important) tie outs
    winter clothes, summer clothes, winter coats, spring coats, hunting boots, cowboy boots, jameson, gingerale, good beer, cooler, headlamp, good music, hawkin videos, camera and extra batteries, shot gun and shells etc. etc. etc.

or just go to walmart...and get what ya need
    Life ain't always beautiful.....But it's a beautiful ride!
    Heather G MT

Quote Originally Posted by Heatherg View Post
    food bowels (important)
    Heather, now that is just GROSS!!!!!
    Brandi

Default NAFA Meet

Meet etiquette list (for example: if you are going to watch somebody's bird fly, make sure you get gas the night before - don't make the others wait for you ( "oh can you wait a minute? I have to go back to my room for my ..." gets old real fast); if your dog is in heat, leave it at home or at the hotel - nothing is worse than to be in a grouse field after traveling thousands of miles, spending hundreds of dollars, with your pointers/setters ready to run and have some univited guy along with his in season rat terrier, ...the big dogs want to check out the terrier and not work normally and the idiot (who is not flying) thinks it is funny. Use common sense and common courtesy- Bob (some
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenn Filkins View Post
    Please, help me create a packing list for someone going to the 2010 NAFA Meet in Kansas.... Can be real or funny....

I want to include it in the Hawk Chalk on the page with the current Meet information.

Any ideas?

I don't have a lot of space for it but would like some input from all of you.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Owl View Post
    Heather, now that is just GROSS!!!!!

so much for my AWESOME spelling abilities thanks for pointing that out though Brandi!! I appreciate it
    Heather G MT

so much for my AWESOME spelling abilities thanks for pointing that out though Brandi!! I appreciate it
    Sorry, Heather. I just couldn't resist!
    Brandi

no worries
    Heather G MT

Money, birds, food (human, bird, dog, baggie), gloves, telemetry, lures, vests, baggies, dogs+gear, kennels, clothes, first aid kit, pillows, sleeping bags, portable grill, cameras+gear, laptop, books, booklight, flashlight, raffle donations, cell phone chargers, crockpot&liners...

Talking Overkill, but . . . .

I hate not having what I need 900 miles from home, so with almost 40 NAFA Meets under my belt, I use an exhaustive check list. . . .

Falconry Related: Food Baggies, Zip Lock Freezer Bags -Qt./Gal., Bath Pans, Bota, Chaps, Live Lures w/Cage/Food/Water, Field Jesses, Flushing Sticks, Frozen Hawk Food, 2 Coolers - 1 People/1 Game/Hawk Food, Gauntlets, Regular Gloves, Hawking Bag, Hawking Gear/Supplies/Tools Tackle Box, Hoods, Knives/Game Scissors, Leashes, Leather for Jesses/Anklets/Bewits, Local Hunting Contacts List (From Prior Meets), Metal Ruler, Newspapers for Giant Hood, NAFA Directory, Perches, Latex Gloves, Print Box, Scales, Short Shovel to Dig Out Dog/Bird, Telemetry & Accessories, Traps - Bal-Chatri and Pigeon Harness - Plus Repair Makings/Tools

Dogs: Bowls - Food/Water, Leashes/Check Cords, Crates, Dog Bed(s), Food, Grooming Tools, Leashes, OdorBan in Spray Bottle, Treats

Apparel/Personal: Belts, Books, Boots, Stamps/Envelopes, Credit Cards, Grooming/Dental, Hats, Jackets, Jeans, Medications, Spare Reading Glasses, Sunglasses, Shirts, Sock, Sweaters, Tennis Shoes, Underwear, Vests

Tech: Binoculars & Spotting Scope, Camcorder, CB Radio/Antenna, Cell Phone/Chargers, Computer/Printer/Paper, Digital Camera/Charger, Flashlight/Charger, FRS Radios/Charger, Firearms, Music, Spotlight/Inflator

Food: Bowls/Plates, Butter, Cereal, Eggs, Fruit, Fry/Sauce Pans, Gatorade, Hot Chocolate, Hot Plate, Ice, Milk, Nuts/Trail Mix/Candy, Pitcher, Paper Towels, Seasonings, Tea, Toaster, Utensils

Do I bring it ALL on EVERY long hawking trip? Of course not, but at least when I pull out of my driveway for 7 to 20 days on the road, I don't worry whether I've left anything at home.

Does anyone see anything I've missed on my list?
    Greg Thomas - Indiana
    NAFA DAL 2010-19

Oh yeah, almost forgot....boots, bath pans, misters, perches, hawking gear boxes, spare leather, knives, shears, cooler, guns+gear...

I like Greg's list-that's organized!

I'll just ride with HeatherG and if she doesn't have it, find greg!
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Default Most important

Proper perches and equipment!
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Gary .. we are still laughing, I had to call Robyn in and have her read it ... that was good to see after being out riding
    Dont forget the wig and buck teeth there Bubba Jay
    David

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JRedig View Post
    I'll just ride with HeatherG and if she doesn't have it, find greg!
    Thanks every for the great responses. Loads of fun comments.

Jeff's made me laugh out loud.... Because it's true!

When I get to the NAFA Meet I'll just look up Heather and Greg.... They better bring extras....

ya but with Greg's list you need to bring a trailor, just to haul all that stuff. But I am going to use it as reference for sure.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Roper View Post
    ya but with Greg's list you need to bring a trailor, just to haul all that stuff. But I am going to use it as reference for sure.
    LOL! I sometimes feel that way, but actually have each category pared down to what I use or have used on a trip. And from what I've seen of some of my long winger friends' rigs and equipment, I'm not that crazy.
    Greg Thomas - Indiana
    NAFA DAL 2010-19

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn Filkins View Post
    Thanks every for the great responses. Loads of fun comments.

Jeff's made me laugh out loud.... Because it's true!

When I get to the NAFA Meet I'll just look up Heather and Greg.... They better bring extras....
    Kenn, you can bet that I will have extras or know where to get some I hate not having something I need

After having done hawking trips multiple times a year for several years ( for me its been since 2000 and at least 3 trips a year and most times more than that) I have a pretty good feel for what I "need" and what i "want"....for the most part...the things I "want" I get when I get to my destination...and everything I "need" has its place in my SUV...there really isnt room for anything else

Oh yeah...a couple staples I forgot....duct tape...cable ties (wire ties)...bungee cords....with these 3 things you can fix almost anything
    Heather G MT

....duct tape...cable ties (wire ties)...bungee cords....with these 3 things you can fix almost anything
    And if you were mcgyver, add a swiss arm knife, orange peel and a tampon wrapper and you'd have a bomb!
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

And if you were mcgyver, add a swiss arm knife, orange peel and a tampon wrapper and you'd have a bomb!
    ROFLMAO

Then you could put it by Greg and call the ATF. He would not need all his stuff then.....

Greg
    An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens.....Thomas Jefferson
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by GregMik View Post
    Then you could put it by Greg and call the ATF. He would not need all his stuff then.....

Greg

Oh, my! ROFLMAO.

I'd just give them some of the names of my buddies in Homeland Security, and they'd say, "Oh, never mind. You must be going fishing. Have a nice day!"
    Greg Thomas - Indiana
    NAFA DAL 2010-19

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter45 View Post

Oh, my! ROFLMAO.

I'd just give them some of the names of my buddies in Homeland Security, and they'd say, "Oh, never mind. You must be going fishing. Have a nice day!"
    I was just kidding Greg. Every yr Tasha and I go the the NAFA meet we seem to need more and more "Stuff". Even with a 3/4 ton P/U we still did not have room for all the birds and left one at home.

Gaz will attest the the need for the crockpot tho. Nothing like "Pot Roast" LOL

Greg
    An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens.....Thomas Jefferson
    Minneapolis, MN

Glenlivet, single barrel Jack Daniel's and American Honey for the yard folk/vet techs is always a plus & gets you closer to the gate.<VBG> See Don Bandauski's rig...has a wine rack.....
    Seriously, what works for you in an enclosed weathering yard at home, doesn't necessarily fly/work at a meet. Perches that are not "one piece" are a liability. Not just to your bird, but to those perched around you. And remember, the yard is not covered. There is no fail safe-over the top netting if your equipment fails, like at home. Try as Mario & I do, s**t gets by,(as much as I try to be all things, my wife says....) I try to catch it--roofing material for jesses, bow perches w/o a cross bar, fishing tackle on a 40oz harris, ....the list goes on. Don't get me wrong, it's the job, my way of giving back to the club and if I can(we can) impact an apprentice in a positive way, hey, all the better!
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    Glenlivet, single barrel Jack Daniel's and American Honey for the yard folk/vet techs is always a plus & gets you closer to the gate.<VBG> See Don Bandauski's rig...has a wine rack.....
    Seriously, what works for you in an enclosed weathering yard at home, doesn't necessarily fly/work at a meet. Perches that are not "one piece" are a liability. Not just to your bird, but to those perched around you. And remember, the yard is not covered. There is no fail safe-over the top netting if your equipment fails, like at home. Try as Mario & I do, s**t gets by,(as much as I try to be all things, my wife says....) I try to catch it--roofing material for jesses, bow perches w/o a cross bar, fishing tackle on a 40oz harris, ....the list goes on. Don't get me wrong, it's the job, my way of giving back to the club and if I can(we can) impact an apprentice in a positive way, hey, all the better!
    Rich,

I volunteer as "Apprentice warden" next yr.

Greg

P.S. As long as you don't say "Do you know who I am?"
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    roofing material for jesses
    Oh come on....that was the best one yet!!!
    www.Dirthawking.com

Roofing material for jesses? I gotta hear this one!
    Ryan - Boise, ID
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

What roofing material was used? OMFG

Greg
    Minneapolis, MN

Some apprentice walked into the yard with roofing material jesses (the rubber underlay roofing material, commercial use). Rich and I "decided" to change them out with something more traditional. The guy actually said, "My sponsor gave me those and said they were better than leather."

Rich and I, at the same time, said, "Go get your sponsor!"

Funny as hell!!! I think Rich still has the jesses to!
    www.Dirthawking.com

Quote Originally Posted by dirthawking View Post
    Some apprentice walked into the yard with roofing material jesses (the rubber underlay roofing material, commercial use). Rich and I "decided" to change them out with something more traditional. The guy actually said, "My sponsor gave me those and said they were better than leather."

Rich and I, at the same time, said, "Go get your sponsor!"

Funny as hell!!! I think Rich still has the jesses to!

The only thing I can think of was rubber or "EPDM"

There is one born every minute....

Greg
    Minneapolis, MN

Thread Information