Before starting to pay some of the big bills before publishing the book, Ed kept saying or wondering if I thought anyone would be interested on reading what we wanted to share. I told him not to give up on me after all those years and that we would hope for the best.

Everything that is happening on these forums/post are a big surprise to us. A few months ago someone sent me an email with the numbers of how many post or comments had been made because of the book on different forums, in spanish and in english.

The book has done a couple of things we at least hoped for. Create new ideas and a good dialog between falconers.

There was never any lack of topics we could have talked about in this book, as you can imagine or see on these posts. No where in the book do we claim to know that falcons have human qualities, but the terminology in this book was used to be able to create a dialog that could be understood to get Ed's points of view across.

Here is a small part of the book that touches what I am talking about.

My intent with this writing is to discuss with the reader my experiences and thoughts on a kind of falconry i call “The Flying of Falcons.” i say, “discuss with the reader” because i want to emphasize that these pages are based on my interpretations and ideas. all of which may be erroneous in one aspect or another. Over the past forty years, however, I have witnessed such spectacular flights that I feel compelled to document my experiences. The reader can decide if my approach has meaningful application for his or her falconry.

From the book "The Flying of Falcons".

Thanks to everyone. Everyone that has supported the book and ideas, and everyone that has criticized the methods or points of view in this book. It all makes for a better understanding for what we have done.
Ricardo