Thread: Canadian Falconer!

Default Canadian Falconer!

Hey all!

I'm a Canadian Falconer from Victoria BC. I am highly interested in Oc training BOP. 'clicker' training as some call it. I may end up stirring the pot a little, all in the hopes of progress
    Happy to be here.

Hello and welcome.

We do ask that you sign your posts please with your name.

Thank you.

Grahame Booth
    Calgary, Alberta
    The Predator Process: search, locate, attack, subdue and consume.
    Bruce A. Haak

Hello and welcome in the valuable forum.
    Regards, Obaid

Hello and welcome to NAFEX.

Please have a look around and familiarize yourself with how the forums work. One forum that most people find the most useful is the site information. This is where you can learn to post photos (first thing almost everybody wants to know).

Please take the time to go to user cp (located on the left side of your screen, near the top) and add your signature automatically to your post, real first name at a minimum please. This helps keep things friendly around the threads, as people will know who they are talking to.

Again, welcome to NAFEX! Let one of the moderators know if you need anything.

NAFEX Moderating team
    Last edited by Chris L.; 06-02-2010 at 01:35 PM.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Hi there, you will find that there are many canadian falconers around here, and many who use the clicker as a help in training their birds. It would be interesting to know a little more about your experience with clicker training and BOPs, and your experience in flaconry in general. Welcome and feel free to tell us more!
    Audrey Marquis, Rouyn-Noranda, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by SOF View Post
    Hey all!

I am highly interested in Oc training BOP. 'clicker' training as some call it.
    We should be clear that "clicker" training is a FORM of Operant Conditioning but not all of Operant Conditioning. Most of the "everyday run of the mill" raptor training techniques are Operant Conditioning. "Clicker" training is just another way of achieving results.

As Audrey posted, you should share some of your clicker training experiences. Welcome to the forum.
    -Ryan

Default This is Loki :)

Quote Originally Posted by kitana View Post
    Hi there, you will find that there are many canadian falconers around here, and many who use the clicker as a help in training their birds. It would be interesting to know a little more about your experience with clicker training and BOPs, and your experience in flaconry in general. Welcome and feel free to tell us more!
    Hey!

Great to see you on this forum! This is 'LOKI' from the international falconry forum, I'm making the 'leap' across.

Happy to see you on here

Mardez P

Thread Information