Quote Originally Posted by joekoz View Post
As I read the above quote, my mind went immediately to the Boy Scout motto “BE PREPARED”. Money should be set aside for a “FIGHTING FUND” so when the time comes (and with all of the anti-groups out there it most likely will) the organization will have the financial resources available to insure the protection of our interests.

Grants are just one approach to acquiring additional funds. There are others also that are available including Memorial Donations, Endowments, etc.
Hi Joe,

Baden Powell was definitely onto something with that one, and for sure falconry would benefit from a few pounds (sorry, dollars) tucked away for a rainy day. But falconry needs to be aware that money often comes with strings attached, and in my view at least, we need to maintain elements of the credibility that we have enjoyed through being represented by enthusiastic, dedicated, amateur volunteers.
We've also been fortunate that some of those people have been of such high calibre, that frankly we could never afford them if they were acting on our behalf professionally.

Best wishes,

Tony.