Regarding the status associated with this idea:

• The level of interest generated by my posts was promising.
  • No one responded with an offer to help.
  • My biggest concern was insuring the selected site would offer a decent game population. Didn't want to put in all the effort without a strong feeling in advance that those who traveled out to attend didn't have ample opportunities at game.
  • I visited several potential sites, and land access and game numbers caused me to back off of formulating and implementing a going forward plan. In total, I made 4 trips out to the general area under consideration. More research time is necessary to insure that the location selected will result in good game access/availability.
  • Do to above decided to postpone having it this season.
  • Subsequently discussed the idea with Mike Dupuy, and we have agreed to stay in touch and work together on pulling together this event idea perhaps next season.
  • I still believe that the work effort associated with pulling this off is very doable/manageable.
  • The location I selected fits my criteria for a Mid-Atlantic States event. Keep in mind that:
    • It is not in my state
    • Is over 100 miles from where I live.
    • Even though no one else stepped forward with an offer to help, I was willing to put in all the effort.
    • Given these circumstances, I have no interest/intention of taking on all of the work associated with an event in Virginia 300 +/- miles from where I live.