Hi,

I'm Jen, 19 years old and have been practising falconry for 5 years now.
Some may recognise me off the IFF with this username.

I love my countrysports and have been ferreting and shooting for 8 years also. I've had terriers and lurchers for ratting, ferreting, lamping, etc. I've also been breeding my working line of ferrets for 8 years now.

I've flown 3 male Harrises, a male Saker, male Pere/Prairie, male Peregrine, female Gyr/Saker, 2 males and a female European Kestrel and successfully hunted all the Harrises. I flew one of the Harrises and the Gyr/Saker on landfill whilst flying and hunting the others for pleasure. Unfortunately due to family issues I was never able to successfully enter any of my falcons. Now having moved up north with my fiancee I am looking forward to being successful with the two birds I have got on order this season - an imprint female Sparrowhawk and a pr Peales/Prairie of which I don't know what sex it will be yet.

I have a few aims before my falconry life (and indeed my own life) ends and they are:
- Flying my own cast of Harrises
- Successfully flying a Goshawk from beginning to the end of it's life
- Successfully flying a couple of gamehawks (preferably fm pere and fm prairie hybrid)

My biggest love in the falconry world is watching the bond between bird and dog, watching the birds once they have learnt to read the dog's reaction to certain situations in the field is brilliant. The bird knows when the dog is on point or has come across something and knows that it is about to bbe presented with a slip. I love the trust both dog and bird get for one another, truely rewarding.

My favourite bird is that of the Prairie falcon and I would love the opportunity to fly and hunt one before my time is up and I look forward to reading of anyone's successes with this tenacious bird.

ATB Jen