New to the lifestyle. Studying my butt off and reading volumes of information through my library, recommended books and online. Scheduled my exams for early next week. I know most falconers willing to be sponsors prefer to see a genuine serious interest from their potential apprentices that is beyond the casual attitude. I believe it will go a lot smoother in the long run to have already completed as much of the initial prep work prior to obtaining my sponsor. I have also noticed the list my state has available of falconers in my area willing to be sponsors is terribly out of date. Most either have disconnected phones, moved away or are no longer interested in sponsoring. I am sure there have been new members in my area since the list was first printed. Hopefully my membership on this site will help in that regard. I'm not in this to have a bird to show off to friends and neighbors. I'm in it to hunt game and experience the satisfaction the sport offers when humans take up birds. For me this is a serious commitment of time, effort, money and altering an existing lifestyle to properly care for a wild animal. I have already located avian vets and begun accumulating my supplies. I have plenty of space on my property and discussed the arrangements with my immediate neighbors who may have held some concerns over a raptor being housed nearby. I have tons of questions. I'll promise to look back over past posts and threads before asking redundant repetitive annoying questions.

On a lighter note... yes... I did manage to get the proper final okay from the ultimate authority....... my wife. She has her parrots! It's only fair.

Michael Harman
Shelvbyville KY