Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bam Bam 2010 male coopers hawk

Quote Originally Posted by moredtailboy View Post
    took my first double tonight he is turning on slowly and very pleased that im starting to figure out how to manage his kinks.
    That's an enthralling story. Nice pics too.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

I'm with Krys. Could you give us some more detail?

Glad to hear about the progress. Maybe you could fill us in on the last few weeks?
    Chris Fox.
    God. Give me Wisdom to know Right from wrong. Give me Courage to do what's Right. Give me the Strength to win. Amen.

sorry ill post some more in the morning. sorry guys been busy.
    Joe Lewis

Keep hanging in there.

Mike Mallett, St Louis MO

Well bam started to get real moOdy for the past couple of weeks but I have since got a handle on his behavior and is giving most birds he'll if they fly he has caught every day for the past couple and I'm headed out in just a little while to try again.
    Joe Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by moredtailboy View Post
    Well bam started to get real moOdy for the past couple of weeks but I have since got a handle on his behavior and is giving most birds he'll if they fly he has caught every day for the past couple and I'm headed out in just a little while to try again.
    I fully understand now....... Joe I honestly don't see the point in keeping a log if all you are going to do is post one liners. The whole point is for learning. It would be nice to know what problems the bird had exactly and how you fixed them. Take this post from my thread for example. http://www.nafex.net/showpost.php?p=140921&postcount=18
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Sorry I was in the AT&T store on my phone up dating. Tonight he was 191g and was full trotle at 7pm we where late getting out of the store so we where only able to get one slip ans he was so excited he was jumpin on the dash bored trying to get at them. Well he finnaly made it out the window and made an amazing chase after a sparrow ending up 80 yards hitting the ground twice after it and fnnaly ending under a trailer missing so we played shaping games for about 20 min working on putting his aggression towards a outward sources and it seemed to work really well I'm going to try in the morning so I'll let every one know tomorrow.
    Joe Lewis

Bam didnt make weight this morning so this afternoon ill be at a concert so im goin to do some more shaping games in a little bit.
    Joe Lewis

Talking

Well if I said tonight was good it would be a under statement we got out to chesterfeild around 5:00 after taking the Girl friend shopping. He was right on weight 291 as before and we start out by car hawking he made one good slip and then we couldnt find any more starlings so i saw hundereds of sparrows in this long line of bushes by a movie theater and like alway haley my girl friend was not going to sit in the car she wanted to be apart of the action well we got a good slip right off the bat and it ratted out in the bush he let me pick him up sweet as can be and haley flushed another sparrow and he went on 90yd case after it before losing in a tree I called him down manners perfect( this shapping game stuff has really worked for me turned him around completly). The next flush he was off and followed it into some cattails where I had to locate him with telemtry and found him on his prize
    Joe Lewis

Take a camera the next time, we want to see pictures! LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Joe

Yea Joe YOU really figured him out huh

Thread Information