Quote Originally Posted by wyodjm View Post
If I may add, I keep a copy of all my falconry papers / records in a separate three ringed binder. I'd never give somone my originals. They may look at the originals to compare with the copies if they want, but the originals stay with me.

I've never been visited, but if I was and there were problems, I'd call my local state game warden to come over and be present, just to keep things honest.

Here are the federal regulations referencing the maintenance of records and inspections with regard to wildlife permits, which include falconry.

Title 50: Wildlife and Fisheries
PART 13—GENERAL PERMIT PROCEDURES

13.46 Maintenance of records.

From the date of issuance of the permit, the permittee shall maintain complete and accurate records of any taking, possession, transportation, sale, purchase, barter, exportation, or importation of plants obtained from the wild (excluding seeds) or wildlife pursuant to such permit. Such records shall be kept current and shall include names and addresses of persons with whom any plant obtained from the wild (excluding seeds) or wildlife has been purchased, sold, bartered, or otherwise transferred, and the date of such transaction, and such other information as may be required or appropriate. Such records shall be legibly written or reproducible in English and shall be maintained for five years from the date of expiration of the permit. Permittees who reside or are located in the United States and permittees conducting commercial activities in the United States who reside or are located outside the United States must maintain records at a location in the United States where the records are available for inspection.

13.47 Inspection requirement.

Any person holding a permit under this subchapter B shall allow the Director's agent to enter his premises at any reasonable hour to inspect any wildlife or plant held or to inspect, audit, or copy any permits, books, or records required to be kept by regulations of this subchapter B.

13.48 Compliance with conditions of permit.

Any person holding a permit under subchapter B and any person acting under authority of such permit must comply with all conditions of the permit and with all appllicable laws and regulations governing the permitted activity.
You can also call 911 and request assistance from whatever officer arrives( then just ask them to witness the conversation), or even call your neighbor to witness