Thread: Most important issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yeomanfalconer View Post
    State adoption of the Federal regs still seems to be in limbo, making for a period of mis-understanding and assumptions that could be problematic. I would like the NAFA to offer more information to the states clubs(for myself)so

I want to hear it all, whether I get elected or not.
    http://www.n-a-f-a.com/members/RegsStatesQA.htm

The NAFA TAC committee has recommendations and offers help to states to get through the process.

Dr. Dave Eslicker is the chair. dslicker on NAFEX I believe
    -Ryan

Yeomanfalconer Guest

Default Out of the sand

Thanks Ryan. I am starting to feel less like an Ostrich every day that I actually pull my head out and look around.

I want to know what your position on having a NAFA meet in Idaho is?

I have brought it a a couple times over the years (among other things it would be nice to have it near the archives), but was told that there is zero support from Idaho falconers regarding this. The Main reason being "they do not want people coming to hunt their sage grouse."
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post

I have brought it a a couple times over the years (among other things it would be nice to have it near the archives), but was told that there is zero support from Idaho falconers regarding this. The Main reason being "they do not want people coming to hunt their sage grouse."
    When I was there, winter before last, Sage Grouse is SW Idaho were not doing well, mainly due to loss of habitat. If I remember correctly, a large area north of I-84, in SW Idaho was and likely still is, closed to hunting them at all. It would seem that Boise has boomed and sprawled and sage and the grouse have taken the hit. There was so much presure on the pheasants that any that could not out run the shot gunners and there dogs were dead. The best pheasant hawking I saw was in town in small fields...good for short and broad wingers.

I did end up hawking sage grouse a little, but it was some hours drive to the south and east. If grouse are the target, than eastern parts of the state may be better.
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

Yeomanfalconer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post

I have brought it up a couple times over the years (among other things it would be nice to have it near the archives), but was told that there is zero support from Idaho falconers regarding this. The Main reason being "they do not want people coming to hunt their sage grouse."
    I am in favor of it. There has been some good new activity from the south central part of the state thanks to Idbirdman.

I don't know who would be more alarmed at the thought of hundreds of visiting falconers. Sage Grouse-aholics or the P. Fund (archives). Our local club infra-structure is not strong.

A Boise based meet could be well accommadated. Dirt Hawkers would have a blast. Long-wingers would be doing a lot of driving, but what else is new.

More discusion is warranted. I am excited to see the Utah group stepping up again.

Thread Information