Thread: Greetings from Michigan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Greetings from Michigan

Hi everybody,

I just heard about this forum at the first ever Michigan Hawking Club Apprentice Workshop, so I thought I would join to see what I can learn here. : )

Nice to meet you all.

Also, I like the smiles on this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kephri View Post
    Hi everybody, Also, I like the smiles on this forum!

. I've always enjoyed the selection as well
    Matt Zingarella
    New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without anyother reason but because they are not already common. - John Locke

welcome i hope you enjoy your reads
    HAROLD JAMES II

Just joined and am also from Michigan. "Yooper" to be excact. Just joining up various places/websites and will soon be joining the MCH. Question to the original poster, is the club going to put on another workshop?? I'd like to learn more about that.

Hey guys, welcome to NAFEX. Please take the time to go to user cp and insert a signature into your posts. One of the few requirements around here is to sign your posts with your real name. It helps keep things friendly around here.

Again, welcome to NAFEX.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Breanne, Glad to see you on NAFEX. Let us know a little more about yourself. There are a few other falconer in the U.P.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Quote Originally Posted by Friearth View Post
    Just joined and am also from Michigan. "Yooper" to be excact. Just joining up various places/websites and will soon be joining the MCH. Question to the original poster, is the club going to put on another workshop?? I'd like to learn more about that.
    They're planning on having another one next summer, I believe. Keep your eye out on the MHC's forums. That's how I found out about it.

Sorry for the double post...
    Lena Erickson
    Kalamazoo, MI

Everyone I meet so far on these websites are so friendly! Big fan of this community so far. ^_^

@Lena - Thanks! I'll keep my eyes peeled for more cool events!

I'm from the Houghton/Hancock area of the Keweenaw "Copper Country", born and raised in the UP. Going to Michigan Tech for Wildlife Ecology and Management with three more semesters to go! I've been a raptor fan ever since I was a little girl and love just watching these birds when ever I get the chance. Looking to maybe work with raptors either at a Rehab or Educational facility or something similar to that. It's all in the air right now.
    Maybe I'll do some research for a Masters if I find an interesting study.

I'm looking to get into this sport fairly soon (?). Depending on the job market, I'll probably be waiting until I'm done with school. The future is a little blurry, and I'm not sure where I'll be going or if I'll have steady income to support this lifestyle right after I graduate. (Right now I'm buying what I can to kind of "stock up", knowing I want to hunt a Red-Tail for my first bird)

I want to do things right, so I'm going to try to get active with the club and meet some folks, and maybe a year or two down the road I'll be able to get things cookin'.

Until then I'm reading and learning as much as I can!
    Breanne, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Kephri View Post
    Hi everybody,

I just heard about this forum at the first ever Michigan Hawking Club Apprentice Workshop, so I thought I would join to see what I can learn here. : )

Nice to meet you all.

Also, I like the smiles on this forum!
    We need a first name please. My daughter lives in PawPaw. I do some sqr. hawking down that way. We will have to make a connection when I am down that way.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

glad to hear from people from michigan getting into falconry. i was at the workshop and i really enjoyed it and learnt a lot in a very short time. this was the first workshop put on by the club and im sure that there will be another one. i had a great time!
    Rey

Warren, Michigan

Welcome all. It is great to hear that the 1st workshop turned out great. I just moved to MI about 3 months ago from OH and already am very pleased with the club and all the warm welcomes from MI falconers.
    Thanks to the club and it's members, you are great.
    Aimee P.

Thumbs up

There we go, signature should be added...

I'm Lena : )

I've met already Rey and Aimee. I'll have to meet Everet. Maybe at the picnic?
    Lena Erickson
    Kalamazoo, MI

Thread Information