Hello,
I'm not sure if I belong on a falconry website exactly, but this place was recommended as the place for me to start. I'm an intern at a wildlife rehabilitation clinic and refuge. We have several animals here, including 6 hawks (1 broadwing, 3 red tails, and 2 red shoulders) and 6 owls (3 barred and 3 great horned owls) as well as 5 little screech owls at another facility.

Upon starting to work here, each intern was told that we'd have a chance to work with the animals and develop a close bond with at least one kind of animal after we had formal animal-human introductions. However, we never got those introductions. Instead, the director told us that the wolves were unruly and needed taming and the birds were out of control and should be trained for education over the summer. As I had previously mentioned that I would prefer to work with the red tailed hawks, I was handed the training of all the birds.

So my questions are pretty obvious I think. What do I do? Where do I start? How do I do this with adult, injured birds?
The three barred owls have all been written out of my training due to the fact that almost every worker is afraid to enter the cage. (I can enter, but I would not be willing to risk myself with them for training.) One great horned owl is even less willing to work with humans; the director herself said that she is best left alone. Our director also advised me to leave one of the red tailed hawks alone and to probably let the red shoulder hawks be untrained if need be.
This leaves me with only 5 birds to train.

Mouse is the easiest bird. She's an adult red tailed hawk who is willing to sit on my glove. I get her there by simply following her around her cage and putting my glove in front of her until she gives up and hops on. I can then carry her within the cage until I put her down on her perch. She is very vocal, but the director says that's normal for her. (She peeps like a little songbird the entire time.) The only thing keeping her in the sanctuary is the fact that she cannot hunt due to being blind in one eye.

Tanawha is a red tailed hawk with brain damage. He often misses jumps and steps, and he cannot fly very well due to lack of depth perception. He does not stand well on a glove, and he does not seem to recognize humans as Mouse does.

Carrie is a juvenile (nearly adult) turkey vulture. (Not quite a raptor, but she was raised with the red tailed hawks.) She will sit calmly on a glove, but the only way to get her there is to pick her up by the feet and put her there. She will vomit in the process. I am told this is normal?

The other two are great horned owls that are not really trained at all. They each have broken wings and bad tempers.

Each of the above birds I am expected to have willing to sit calmly on my glove (with 2 leashes) during educational programs, to eat from my glove, and to jump to the glove. Mouse may yet be expected to fly from glove to perch or something similar.

The 2 great horned owls are kept together in one enclosure, and the 2 red tails are in an enclosure with the vulture and another "untrainable" red tailed hawk. All birds are fed from bowls in the morning, and I do what I can for training at about 5 when I "get off from work". I do not believe that I can get permission to keep Mouse (the hawk I work best with) in a separate space or to feed them at a different time.

I know this is a long introduction, but I sure hope that you all can help me. I truly want to work with falcons, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment when faced with a set of wild birds and no mentor.

As a personal (rather than situational) introduction, I'm a college student at Vanderbilt University. I'm spending my summer interning at a wildlife refuge in NC, and my day is mostly spent cleaning cages, preparing meals, and stuffing food into baby birds every 20 minutes. I must be crazy, because I really love my job.