Thread: Young Apprentice look for temp sponsor

Exclamation Young Apprentice look for temp sponsor

Hey guys,

I am a young (15) mature apprentice who is traveling to Woodland Park, NJ for three weeks a couple days ago. I was wondering if there were any falconers in the nearby area who would be willing to have me out for a "Day in the Life", where I could observe your techniques and possibly work with your birds and exchange help for knowledge.

Little about me: I started swordplay (learnswordplay.com) in 2006, I study primarily italian rapier, but also longsword and sidesword too. Summer of 2007 Joanne Bentley (emrysraptors.com) joined the school offering courses in The Art of Falconry. I thought 'Cool! Awesome!' and took the beginners course right away, and I joined up as a new apprentice. With her I have worked with a MRT, MHH, female peregrine and male gyr/saker. Off and on I take figure skating, dance, and various drama stuffs...

My Mistress back in Canada, Joanne, said she'd be happy to email you back if you had any questions at falconlady@shaw.ca, or I can send you my reference letter from her. If you're interested send me a email at dance.swan@hotmail.com or a msg through NAFEX and I'll get back to you asap!!

Thanks again!
    Leah

Hello and welcome to NAFEX.

Please have a look around and familiarize yourself with how the forums work. One forum that most people find the most useful is the site information. This is where you can learn to post photos (first thing almost everybody wants to know).

Please take the time to go to user cp (located on the left side of your screen, near the top) and add your signature automatically to your post, real first name at a minimum please. This helps keep things friendly around the threads, as people will know who they are talking to.

Again, welcome to NAFEX! Let one of the moderators know if you need anything.

NAFEX Moderating team
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Look up Phil and Paul Eliya. That is the town that they live in. They're both extremely good falconers and brothers. They live next door to one another and are kind of like a modern day set of Craighead twins. Phil is the current President of the NJ Falconers Association, so you can track him down on their website, but don't be surprised if they don't have time for you or if there's nothing for them to show you at this time of year.
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Yeah, this is sort of the "off-season"... unless you're raising an eyas there isn't much going on this time of year for most people. Hunting doesn't start for most until September or later.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Thread Information