Thread: Hello from Delaware

Default Hello from Delaware

Hi all. My name is Nick and I live in Wilmington Delaware. I have been interested in falconry for a long time, and hope to one day soon become an apprentice. Sadly no one in the state of DE practices falconry, or at least none that I can find, and no one was on the list the state sent me. So if anyone near Delaware in MD or PA has some spare time to help a brother out I would greatly appreciate your time. Thanks everyone!

There are actually a small group of falconers in Delaware. Last I knew there were around 3. One of them is a second year apprentice and has a sponsor in Maryland. I look into attending the PA falconry picnic and the winter field meet, as well as any meets in NJ and MD.

Good luck!
    ~Jessica

I appreciate that. Do you happen to know of any contact information for any of these 3 falconers? Any links to where I can find these meets? Thanks for all the tips, you have been a big help.

Nick:
    Why not give Richard Morrison a call, he is the NAFA dir. for the Northeastern Dist. He maybe able to help you out, and he may
    talk you into joining NAFA. Look on the NAFA web site for his phone# and other information.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Thank you. I shall try that next week.

Default Welcome!!!

Hey Nick,
    Welcome aboard! Hey I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Although I am only a first year apprentice, I will be glad to help you anyway I can.

Take care, David
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

The PA Falconry and Hawk Trust website is
    http://pfht.org/Events.aspx

New Jersey Falconry Club website is
    http://www.newjerseyfalconryclub.com/ but it hasn't been updated recently.

The Maryland Falconry website seems to be down right now.

You may also find this website helpful!
    http://www.themodernapprentice.com/history.htm
    ~Jessica

Also...there are a few Maryland Falconers on NAFEX that will hopefully chime in soon. They might be able to help out as well.
    ~Jessica

You guys have been great so far. I really am grateful for all the advice thus far. Thanks. And David, might be getting a hold of you soon.

Sounds great Nick, I look forward to hearing from you.
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

I live in the north east corner of Maryland (Cecil County). What part of Wilmington do you live?

Couple of tips: You should edit your profile and add your name to all your posts on the forum so people start to learn who you are, etc. Read and search through the forum to answer all the common questions you have now, and maybe post an introduction about yourself too. Start reading and studying some books to prepare for meeting a potential sponsor and taking the test.

For what it's worth... I have a friend in MD who is sponsoring someone in DE now, so I know it's allowed.

Hope this helps...
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Thanks. Ill do that when I get home from work. I live on the outskirts of Wilmington. A town named Elsmere. I have read a good bit and know a lot of the basics. Im going to the pa falconry picnic Saturday. Greatly looking forward to it. Hoping to learn as much as possible.
    Nick

Thread Information