Thread: Finally, a place to find Ken Riddle's new book

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Finally, a place to find Ken Riddle's new book

Last year I received a complimentary copy of the book "The Art of Falconry in Arabia Westward" from a good friend in Abu Dhabi.

It's a very methodically detailed compilation of the current development and conditioning techniques now being used so successfully in the Gulf authored by American Veterinarian and falconer Kenton Riddle, who has lived in the UAE for many years. He was responsible for the start-up and management of the amazing Falcon Hospital built by HH Sheikh Zayed, and has accumulated more first-hand experience about Arab Falconry than any other living non-Arab.

But for quite a while there was a question as to where one could go to actually buy copies.

Last week, Ken sent us the link to "booksarabia.com" and the page where his book is now available to the public.

There will probably be a few here on this Forum interested to look at it, here.

Here's the brief intro:

"This book is a must-have for those interested in the fascinating art of falconry. Ken Riddle, a master falconer, shares explicit detail, invaluable techniques and insights unique to Arab falconry, practices based on experience and on a tradition uninterrupted since the very origins of the sport."

It's a serious tome. I'd certainly recommend it. . .
    RB

Has anyone tried ordering from the site the book is listed on? I have been hearing about this book for awhile now and was excited when I saw that it was now available, but have held off from getting it as I am not familiar with the web site.
    Jay T.
    Montana

I have thumbed through a copy and it looks fascinating and very well done. I wonder what the shipping would be from the UAE? I certainly would want to buy one for myself.
    Tom Smith, Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
    I have thumbed through a copy and it looks fascinating and very well done. I wonder what the shipping would be from the UAE? I certainly would want to buy one for myself.
    Shipping is around $40 if I remember right. Almost as much as the book.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

It works out to be about $85 WITH shipping. Just ordered it. If I'd had half a brain, I would have ordered a dozen or so copies to save on shipping and then sold the extras to you guys.... hindsight.
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Quote Originally Posted by mainefalconer View Post
    It works out to be about $85 WITH shipping. Just ordered it. If I'd had half a brain, I would have ordered a dozen or so copies to save on shipping and then sold the extras to you guys.... hindsight.
    Now you can find it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Falconry-A...4242788&sr=8-5

The book is no longer available from this site. Or else I am not looking it up properly. Any suggestions?

Do a search using the title. There's a thread by the author. He might have a few books for sale. It could be outdated by now.

Scott
    “Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative.” – Mordecai Wyatt Johnson

Thread Information