Thread: Hello Y'all! (from Mississippi)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello Y'all! (from Mississippi)

Hi,

My name is Jeremy and I live in south central Mississippi. I am 31 years old and have been deeply interested in falconry for most of my life. However, I have never met any falconers or seen falconry in action other than in books, film, and youtube. I received my packet from Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks earlier today. I have emailed the Central Mississippi Hawking Club requesting info from them. So now I am just kinda waiting. I have a couple more books on the way from Northwoods so I can keep on learning. At this point I just would like to talk with some falconers to see how to proceed and hopefully find someone near enough to me to get started soon.

Hello and to NAFEX. There's plenty to read here and lots of great knowledge tucked away in the forums. Again...welcome.
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Welcome Jeremy! I hope all goes well and you follow through with your interests. Hopefully in your packet they will include a sponsors list. If not there is a ton of info on the internet. On this site you can go through the members list and look for someone in your area. From there hopefully you can find a sponsor and they can guide you through the process. Good luck and stick with it man!!

Take care, David
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

Well, it's been about two years since I last posted, so here's a re-introduction of sorts: things didn't pan out before, the company I was working for went under about a year and a half ago, and I've been in barber school for the last 13 months. Last week, finally, I spoke with a falconer in Mississippi. One of 21. If all goes well I will be going trapping with him this Monday. I am hopeful this will lead to me getting a sponsor. I guess dreams do come true after all.
    -Jeremy L. Williams

I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.. keep me updated.
    I'm usually only on here because I can't be out hunting.
    Symeon

I will Sym; thanks.
    -Jeremy L. Williams

Talking

spent the morning with a master falconer, learned a lot, saw no hawks. But, the journey has begun. Now, I start preparing for the test.
    -Jeremy L. Williams

Thread Information