Thread: The Old and the New

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Oh, . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    What an ordeal your family has been through, Greg. It's amazing to me how you have kept your spirits up throughout all of this. I don't think I could do that; in fact, I know I couldn't, as I remember how affected I was when my buddies got killed in Vietnam. It was harder for me than it was for my warrior brothers to get beyond their deaths. Anyway, I applaud your resilience. Rock on! And best to your daughter.

Bill Boni
    Norman, OK
    . . . . it's still a daily struggle. When I saw the latest radiographs of Sarah's injuries, I just wept and wept for "my little girl" (as all daughters are in their fathers' hearts!), and there is not a day goes by that I don't feel the pain of losing Sandra, the dearest, best wife a man could ever have. It's true I'm trying to "keep on keeping on", but I'm not sure the emotional pain ever will subside.

I hawked for an hour and a half yesterday in pretty thick cover (it's going to take a GOOD freeze to knock it down) and I had a good laugh when I got tripped up in some viney stuff, went down, and it took a good 10 minutes to get vertical again! LOL. And today? I'm stiff and sore! So, I guess I'm a little ways from being a "fit falconer" again.

I didn't fight in 'Nam (1Y draft rating kept me out), but I did lose friends over there, and remember how moving it was to take "rubbing" of one's name from the Wall in Washington, D.C. It's hard losing anyone you have feelings for.
    Greg Thomas - Indiana
    NAFA DAL 2010-19

Its not the breaths you take , but the things that take your breath away .
    I hope the best for you .
    David

Thread Information