Thread: James "Fred" Seaman - Candidate DAL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default James "Fred" Seaman - Candidate DAL

Quote Originally Posted by outhawkn View Post
    Personally. I'd like to see each person running for office open a thread on here and invite questions. Then the question and the answer is here for all to see. This way we could get to know the person running and see who does what they say they'll do and who doesnt.
    OK.
    Fred Seaman
    “Ask, Listen, Learn, Grow”

Great!

So how exactly will NAFA/ Falconry and me ,the member beneift by your being elected?
    Bill

Great!

So how exactly will NAFA/ Falconry and me ,the member beneift by your being elected?
    Hi Bill, Pretty general question...what are you looking for?
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

Great!

Oh, that one is easy! We would have a "Fred" as a director!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great!

Well, I'm definitely not the 'old guard'.

I am a do-er. I get things done. Can't be a success in business if your not.

I am so passionate about falconry that I restructured my entire life around it.

I can't say I'll do 'this' or I'll do 'that', but I can say I'll do my best to return our organization to "THE NAFA' not just 'a NAFA'.
    Fred Seaman

Fred,

I'm inclined to vote for the other candidate, since I have known him for a number of years; however, I want to make an informed choice.

You write:

>I am so passionate about falconry that I restructured my entire life around it.

How does passion about falconry equate to being a good director; in other words, is there a direct correlation between level of passion for falconry and level of achievement as a director?

You also write:

>I can't say I'll do 'this' or I'll do 'that', but I can say I'll do my best to return our organization to "THE NAFA' not just 'a NAFA'.

This is a vague statement. Can you clairify? Thanks.

Bill Boni
    Norman, OK

Fred:
    After reading the thread " Things you would like to see from NAFA" doesn't that just want you to go out and bust your 0$$ as DAL.
    Believe it or not, if you get elected there are many that feel your time belongs to them. No hawking, trips, vacation. You chose to be DAL do the job right or you should have not run for off. I do not see many people sitting at the meeting at the NAFA meets. As far as travel cost go. Look on the web site and see how many people are on some of these committees. If I was a dissatisfied with NAFA as some I would be gone in a minute. I just get real tired of hearing what is NAFA going to do for me.
    OK, thats it, that's my 2 cent worth and that is all it worth. JMO. Donna, thanks for all you do for NAFA. Fred, the web site look good, lot of information, the site has the committee members on it.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

How are you going to get more people involved in NAFA and consider becoming members of NAFA. How are you going to encourage the non-longwing comunity to become more involved. How are you going to promote programs that encourage falconry down to grass root levels. What programs do you intend to promote that will take falconry out of the "step child" of hunting to a more prominent level in the hunting comunity.

Just some ideas .....
    Stephen Olner

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    Fred:
    After reading the thread " Things you would like to see from NAFA" doesn't that just want you to go out and bust your 0$$ as DAL.
    Believe it or not, if you get elected there are many that feel your time belongs to them. No hawking, trips, vacation. You chose to be DAL do the job right or you should have not run for off. I do not see many people sitting at the meeting at the NAFA meets. As far as travel cost go. Look on the web site and see how many people are on some of these committees. If I was a dissatisfied with NAFA as some I would be gone in a minute. I just get real tired of hearing what is NAFA going to do for me.
    OK, thats it, that's my 2 cent worth and that is all it worth. JMO. Donna, thanks for all you do for NAFA. Fred, the web site look good, lot of information, the site has the committee members on it.
    When I was asked I said I would do the best job I know how to do.

I've caught game at the three field meets Cal HC, AFC and NAFA so I can concentrate on business at the meeting.
    Fred Seaman

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    Fred,

I'm inclined to vote for the other candidate, since I have known him for a number of years; however, I want to make an informed choice.

You write:

>I am so passionate about falconry that I restructured my entire life around it.

How does passion about falconry equate to being a good director; in other words, is there a direct correlation between level of passion for falconry and level of achievement as a director?

You also write:

>I can't say I'll do 'this' or I'll do 'that', but I can say I'll do my best to return our organization to "THE NAFA' not just 'a NAFA'.

This is a vague statement. Can you clairify? Thanks.

Bill Boni
    Norman, OK
    Hi Bill,

Then vote for Ron. I like him to. He's been to my house, he came over with Fidel DeLatore so I could put a Marshall trackpack on Fidel's Barbary, tiercel I think.

You edited out important parts of my post. I'm a get it done person. That's how I'll help. Specifics... It's not just me that would have to help steer the organization to where we want it to be so how can I provide specifics.

As for vague, your original question was vague so you get a vague answer.
    Fred Seaman

Thanks, Fred. I was just curious.

Bill Boni
    Norman, OK

Quote Originally Posted by jfseaman View Post
    Well, I'm definitely not the 'old guard'.

I am a do-er. I get things done. Can't be a success in business if your not.

I am so passionate about falconry that I restructured my entire life around it.

I can't say I'll do 'this' or I'll do 'that', but I can say I'll do my best to return our organization to "THE NAFA' not just 'a NAFA'.
    Thanks for thread, Fred. Its been interesting and informative. It even had more interest than I thought it would get ( sort of like voting time, when nobody shows up to vote). I like what you've said, so you have my vote...........
    Bill

To be honest I don't necessarily disagree with Fred's politics, at least what he says are his politics. I have a personal issue with him and many of his comments have REALLY rubbed me the wrong way, like the shadow comment, but that is my issue. I won't post on this thread any longer or try to change anyone's mind about Fred.

I feel I may have taken this thread in a direction not intended and I apologize and will remove myself from the thread from now on. I told you guys I'm kind of a hothead in my first post on this thread and proved it. It is my issue that I have to work on......
    Rob Gibson
    I love cats, but can't eat a whole one by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by robruger1 View Post

I feel I may have taken this thread in a direction not intended
    Not at all. You may have a personal issue with him, but I learned a great deal about Fred from watching him respond under fire........
    Bill

Thread Information