Thread: Hawker in Ga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hawker in Ga

Hey Yall,

Name's John, I've been a hawker for 6 years. I've flown mostly RT's and Kessies, and to be honest, I don't see a need to fly anything else. I'm a very open minded kinda guy, I love new ideas and rarely stick to tradition for traditions sake. I believe there's always more than one way to skin a cat and rarely is any one method the best.

I say all that because in my limited interaction with other Falconers (military) I often encounter folks that look down on any training process that doesn't include 'candling' or claim Kestrels are good for nothing but lure flying and grasshoppers.

I'm not a very talkative guy, I'm married 10 years now, I have a 4 year old 'Hawker in training', I have been in the Navy for 13 years (and missed the last 3 seasons because of it) and I live in Georgia.

My newest bird, a TRTH named 'David', is a dwarf at 680g jumping to the fist. A big part of why I finally joined a Falconry forum is I can see myself needing some sage advice training this midget. He is the best tempered RT I have ever encountered.

Thanks for the great welcome and I hope I can provide something useful in return!

Cool. I'd love to see a pic of a RT that small.
    Ross Spafford

John:
    to NAFEX, thanks for the service to our country!
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

John!
    CODY RAMER, MONTANA [those who fly hawks have all the fun while those who fly falcons have all the problems]

Thread Information