Thread: Howdy from NY

Default Howdy from NY

Long time falconer, started flying Kestrels at age 8, then on to Sharpies. Always loved smaller raptors. Have flown, merlins, Sharpies and Kestrels.
    Member of NAFA since 1993. Been serving as NAFA's New Members Secretary since 2004. Been living in NYC Tri-State area since 1990. Travel often due to my Job in Financial firm. ENjoy the outdoors and hunting, have hunted all type of game and predators. Have owned coonhounds. Have two young sons who also love the outdoors.

A big out west welcome to you.
    tony

Nice to meet you. My brother and I are nearby in Northern NJ. I work in IT at a financial firm in NY as well but I will actually be moving to an office in White Plains in the near future.

Paul Eliya

Luis! I think you will find this web site real friendly. Make sure you sign your post, you can use the User CP that is up in the upper left and corner. There is a few guy & gals flying small BOP. Thanks for the work you are doing for NAFA.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Thank you all Gents, Eve my sons are getting a little older and starting to take interest in Hawking as well as Predator hunting. We have already trapped a few hawks for banding purposes... Havent seen so many accips in years, I think its going to be a cold, cold winter!
    Luis and Mateo Lewis

I'm about 5 minutes from White Plains. Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by pj_elia View Post
    Nice to meet you. My brother and I are nearby in Northern NJ. I work in IT at a financial firm in NY as well but I will actually be moving to an office in White Plains in the near future.

Paul Eliya
    Luis and Mateo Lewis

Good to have another guy on here who's crazy for tiny raptors. It'll be nice to hear some of your input in that arena. I'm a freak for the small stuff too. Flying 2 merlins at the moment, in addition to my gos....

Welcome!
    And HEY Paul E.! We'll have to do some duck hawking together again this season!
    Scott McNeff

Maine

I flew the pigmy accipiter once, I don't think I had the experience to properly train it but it was very interesting... I prefer the males...

Quote Originally Posted by mainefalconer View Post
    Good to have another guy on here who's crazy for tiny raptors. It'll be nice to hear some of your input in that arena. I'm a freak for the small stuff too. Flying 2 merlins at the moment, in addition to my gos....

Welcome!
    And HEY Paul E.! We'll have to do some duck hawking together again this season!
    Luis and Mateo Lewis

to NAFEX Luis! Tell us some about flying sharpies? Accipiters are my favorite and I have flown coopers hawks and gos's, but yet to fly a sharpie. Haven't been able to find a nest to pull one here in NC as there aren't too many in our state and haven't been able trap a passage coming through. Might go to KY next summer and pull one.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Huh, I had no idea there were falconers in Westchester co. Beautiful area, though. You've also got the White Plains reptile show nearby!
    Anyways,
    Welcome!
    Abby
    Doha, Qatar

Westchester is a good place to trap accips and RTs thats for sure. You wont believe what I have been using to call them in!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeakehawk View Post
    Huh, I had no idea there were falconers in Westchester co. Beautiful area, though. You've also got the White Plains reptile show nearby!
    Anyways,
    Welcome!
    Luis and Mateo Lewis

Well, my next Raptor will be a Kestrel, my first love, they are a lot more friendly and will easily tolerate my two young sons.

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    to NAFEX Luis! Tell us some about flying sharpies? Accipiters are my favorite and I have flown coopers hawks and gos's, but yet to fly a sharpie. Haven't been able to find a nest to pull one here in NC as there aren't too many in our state and haven't been able trap a passage coming through. Might go to KY next summer and pull one.
    Luis and Mateo Lewis

a big2 ya from west yorkshire.
    john thompson.

Thread Information