I have a couple of wirehairs. I just recently built a new kennel system with a large doghouse that both dogs can comfortably fit in. The doghouse is made out of ¾ plywood. It has an insulated floor (1” foam insulation under the raised plywood floor) and a swinging door entranceway.

It gets cold here during the winter. Both dogs sleep in the house at night, but I’d like to provide heated shelter during the day. In the past, I simply put them in the garage during really cold days. I am looking into putting some kind of heating system inside the doghouse for the dogs to stay in if they choose to during the day. The doghouse has approximately 55 cubic feet of space inside. It doesn't have to get that warm. I was figuring between the 50-60 degrees.

I have no experience with properly and safely heating doghouses. Does anyone have any experience with heating doghouses and what products are out there? About the only one I’ve found on the market is the Hound Heater brand by Akoma Products. The doghouse I’ve built, however, may be too large for the Hound Heater recommended heating specs. I guess I could buy two. They are thermostatically controlled.

Below are a few pictures to give you an idea of what I’m working with.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.