Quote Originally Posted by goshawks00 View Post
Greg with all due respect my post had nothing to do with Kenn... As far as cutting NAFA slack... why? Dues have increased $10.00 and for that I get worse service...

As far as hiding behind Jesus as an excuse for trying to excuse this type of corner cutting... I am insulted that you even try that... Jesus didn't deserve what we ( as in you, me, and everyone else) gave him... NAFA does deserve to be called out when they cheap us out...and want us to pay more while they do...
. . . I apologize for trying to mix too many things and picking a poor metaphor to use in my commentary. I swung a tennis racquet, when I should have used a rifle.

The slack cutting request was just so the facts could be ascertained and addressed as necessary. If the HCs are being sent in a manner that engenders or allows for them to be mutilated, I have no doubt it will be changed.

As for the NAFA dues increase, you should know that the publications accounted for all but about $3 of the prior dues and NAFA had been running a negative cash flow (emphasis on past tense) despite restraint on and some cuts in the various other cost areas. As I recall, the $10 increase amounts to barely a 4%/year increase since the last dues increase, certainly not out of line with other cost increases we have all seen in a variety of goods and services over time.

The Strategic Planning Committee meeting Tuesday afternoon at the Meet included a brainstorming session on ideas to increase NAFA's future income so as to minimize or possibly avoid future dues increases. The list so gathered is being checked out for feasibility, means/methods to implement, and realistic expectation of return.

Your Board and Officers are dedicated to keeping NAFA fiscally solvent, operationally sound, and able to deliver the best possible package of services and benefits to our sport and NAFA's members.

When we work together, we have more than enough talent and energy to meet any and all challenges that may face us.

Cheers everyone and have a very Merry Christmas!