Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
Can I get in on the pre-publication price?? Might be able to furnish a few shots....Ed Fitch w/a euro gos firmly imbedded in his right hand, era +/- 1974, Dick Glasow w/Stanley, and of course myself, with an imprint female redtail literally "swiss cheesing" my right hand. No photo shop needed.
I am glad no one got pics of Stanley fastened to me, circa '70s in Alamosa. I had agreed to help Dick carry the whitetail jacks Stanley caught (in the game bag portion of my hawking coat). Here's "the rest of the story".

Stanley didn't see the first jack go into my coat, but he did the 2nd, and bent over and gave me his best, "You dirty so and so . . " look. Despite dropping back 100 yards behind the line of beaters, on the next flush, some 30 minutes later, Stanley faked like he was going for the jackrabbit and then did a 180 and came straight for me.

I turned at the last second and presented the jack filled portion of my coat, while bending forward and trying to shield my neck and head. One of Stanley's big rear killing talons went through my coat and curled just enough that the backside skipped off my spine . . . we won't even talk about the possible results if it hadn't!

Dick came running in as fast as he could yelling "Oh, Sh**! Oh, Shi**! repeatedly as I whirled around like a giant jackrabbit. When he got there, Dick yelled to me, "Stop!" and he grabbed Stanley's legs. As Stanley released me I was all too aware of everyone laughing their butts off!

Well, it was funny . . . except for Dick and I! LOL!