Thread: Book whispers and rumors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Book whispers and rumors

Thought this might be a fun thread.

What falconry books do you know of coming out soon? And I mean soon in falconry book terms.

For example

The Coulsons are "finishing up" a book on HHs.
    New edition of NAFAHH
    I've heard rumors for years about a 2nd edition of Buteos and Bushytails.

Anyone else have one? or add to my info?

Someone mentioned a Merlin book. By who?
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Jim Nelson's book on Hoods, hood making, and hooding. I've heard rumors of this book for at least 9 years.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Jim Nelson's book and Hoods, hood making and hooding. I've heard rumors of this book for at least 9 years.
    Yes. Forgot about that one. Even had an excerpt from that book in an American Falconry article a year or two back if I remember right.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Default New falconry books

The new books I’ve read in 2010 are “The Sinews of Falconry” by Gordon Robinson and “The Art of Falconry from Arabia Westward” by Dr. Kenton E. Riddle. Robinson’s book is a good read on the history of falconry in the British Isles up to 1954 when raptors were protected. Ken Riddles treatise contains the most detailed descriptions of the manning, training and entering of raptors, I’ve read. Although Ken’s treatise is focused on large non-imprint falcons, it will be a good resource for anyone interested in passage Goshawks as well.
    My wife and I are currently reading “Footprints on the Toilet Seat” by Dr. J. David Remple. Dave’s book is a fun read which outlines Dave and Cheryl Remple’s experiences while they lived in Dubai.

I'm beating Jim Nelson's book will be out in 2011.

J. Stoddart

Surely Harry is working on another edition... Probably "Jungle hawking with the natives"

Well maybe ....
    "you believe you understand what I said, do realize what you heard is not what I meant"
    Barry

I forget where I read about the new merlin book but one of the falconry suppliers also told me about it...Western Sporting maybe? I didn't have specifics but I was told it would be good. Maybe some of the merlin guys know more about it. There are certainly some US merlin guys I would love to read more from.

Oh, Hollinshead has a new eagle book coming out in a month or two called "Hunting eagle: the development of German and Austrian eagle falconry". It will be a signed/limited edition. Looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Jim Nelson's book and Hoods, hood making and hooding. I've heard rumors of this book for at least 9 years.
    I've seen it (read some of it to help me through my hood making lesson) - it's really going to happen sometime
    Kim Mauldin

"Believe"
    Marian & Bob Bailey

Thread Information