Thread: Hello from north central IN

Default Hello from north central IN

Just registered here, what a great site! I live about 90 miles north of Indy,am a general class and occupation is United Methodist preacher. I'm looking forward to reading through these threads on long cold winter nites.
    Have a Merry Christmas!
    Adam S in Indiana

Adam:
    One thing about this particular 'Introductions' forum on NAFEX that I find a little odd is that many new-comers are not greeted or welcomed by falconers in their particular state or region. I always respond to individuals that first come on NAFEX that are from Oregon. Thus I find it strange that one or more IN falconers have not done the same. Perhaps your occupation scared them off--hah.

Are you currently flying / hunting with a bird? At any rate, I venture to say that the combination of falconer and minister is somewhat unusual if not unique.

Richard F. Hoyer (Corvallis, Oregon)

Hello and to NAFEX.
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Default Thank you

Thank you Richard, and "thunderheartiii" for the welcome. Yes I am flying a RT that I flew for a rehabber late last winter. She was hit by a car as a late passage bird, started doing very well for me and I decided to fly her this year. She is crazy about squirrels, loves to hunt rabbits but if my mini-doxies are slow flushing rabbits, she will start scanning nearby woods for squirrels. She is pretty good with them though and it is exciting flying. Perhaps it is a unique combination, let's just say I wasn't always a preacher. I have a great friend in St. Helens, OR. Spent 6 years in the USMC and was stationed with him. We still keep in touch on Facebook mostly. Hope to go visit someday. Maybe this summer, as he is getting married. Thanks again, have a great day!
    Adam S in Indiana

Default thanks Jim

Sorry, Jim I did not notic your name under your post at first. Thank you!
    Adam S in Indiana

to Nafex!!
    Bill

Welcome!
    tony

Joby Guest

Hey Adam,
    Welcome to the forum. I fly up in northern IN with a couple of buddies of mine every year. How far are you from Mishawaka/South Bend?
    -Joby

Default distance from South Bend

Hello Joby, thanks for the welcome. I am an hour south of SB/ Mish. Let me know if you come up this way. Would be great to meet some other falconers. Thanks
    Adam S in Indiana

Welcome Adam.
    I believe we spoke by email not long ago......
    the consequence of conscience, is that you'll be left somewhere......... swinging in the air.

Joby Guest

Will do Adam. I usually go up the last weekend or so in February. If you do't mind me asking, who bred your mini's?

Joby, I took a chance with my male, he came from a local pet breeder. He has turned out fantastic! A little too big though. My female came from Jim Flanders in Nevada out of a Von Moritz dam. She is coming along great and she is small.
    Adam S in Indiana

Yes, we did Jimmy. I appreciated talking with you and the info you gave me.
    Thank you.
    Adam S in Indiana

Thread Information