Thread: How to post photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by hub View Post
    I shoot with a Canon 30D, 7D & 5D MK111.
    But I think there is still something about file size causing it??
    Perhaps to large of a file can do it also??....
    Hub, it has to do with Image File Size. I have a Canon Rebel XT (nothing as nice as your cameras) and it takes pictures in several different sizes (3072 x 2048 at 3.1 MB, 2048 x 1360 at 1.8 MB, 1536 x 1024 at 1.4 MB and RAW, which takes about 7 MB). Those numbers represent the size in pixels and the size of the picture. The large one and the RAW are both the same size picture but because the RAW is a larger file and more pixels, it will be the clearest picture. I know that is a lot of numbers and hopefully someone else can explain it better. LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    Hub, it has to do with Image File Size. I have a Canon Rebel XT (nothing as nice as your cameras) and it takes pictures in several different sizes (3072 x 2048 at 3.1 MB, 2048 x 1360 at 1.8 MB, 1536 x 1024 at 1.4 MB and RAW, which takes about 7 MB). Those numbers represent the size in pixels and the size of the picture. The large one and the RAW are both the same size picture but because the RAW is a larger file and more pixels, it will be the clearest picture. I know that is a lot of numbers and hopefully someone else can explain it better. LOL
    Yes..It will be sharper as you said, but why are some images smaller in area they cover then others I see posted, which can cover a good part of the computer screen when posted on the forum...
    I shoot in Raw...Convert it to a large JPG and load it to photo bucket..and they post as a smaller image dimension wise..
    I'm not sure, but perhaps coming straight out of the camera as a JPG might be a larger file then if I shoot as a RAW and then covert it to JPG on the computer..??..though that does not make sense to me why it would be..
    Thanks for the help.....I'll experiment more....
    Hubert Quade Results may vary

Save the picture as a smaller file (picture) and it will show up smaller. It used to be as simple as right click and "resize picture".

Now windows went and messed it all up and you have to use a program to do it. Those with pre windows 7 operating systems will still have the right click option.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

wrong code to post hub
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Thread Information