Thread: NYS Falconry Meet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NYS Falconry Meet

The NYS Falconers will be having our annual meet Nov.4,5,6 in Cobelskill, NY.
    Guest speaker this year will be Greg Thomas.
    This year there will be apprentice workshops along with the state test being given, also good food, a telemetry contest and a raffle Saturday evening.

Hope to see you there.

PS: always looking for raffle donations if interested please PM me.
    Alan Scott

the count down has begun
    Chris
    Goshawks get it done with style

So the meet is less than a week away, the antisipation is killing me and i have heard through the grape vine that one of our forum members is making the trip to see new york, I hope he brings his goshawk, i will let him chime in if he wishes to let others know who he is .
    Chris

Chris, If you're talking about me, I'll be there, but I hate to tell you that I think the gos is going to be staying home with friends. I'm planning to attend with 2 bird dogs and my new passage peregrine. I have had an extremely difficult time getting the gos down to weight this season. Apparently, I was feeding him too much all summer. Our duck season opens on the 8th of November and I'll have him back in action for that..... he's close. I just don't dare to do that kind of trip with him when he's overweight, and risk feather damage, etc.. If you're talking about someone else, then I hope they bring their gos too, because I am REALLY needing to get my gos fix! Longwings are cool, but they just don't blow my hair back if you know what I mean....
    Scott McNeff

Maine

yes Scott it is you, i was hoping, there should be at least one gos at the meet.
    Chris

Well, that's good news. I'm hoping to get out and see some good hawking and help folks beat brush. Looking forward to seeing you, and meeting some of the NYSFA members that I don't yet know. Too bad all of this snow couldn't have held off for a few days.... it sure would help with the bunny hawking.
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Thread Information