Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jones View Post
The law states you have to file it within 10 days of the transfer. The USF&WS can not give you permission to break the law. All that essentially happened is that one person gave you a verbal notice that they would not prosecute you for breaking the law. Do you trust your future to that person's word? The only way to guarantee you won't be prosecuted is by not breaking the law, and the only way to do that, with the site down, is mail the paper form to your state.

And what about the states the digital format is the appropriate method? Our state's instructions mailed to us last year specifically state to do it on the USFWS website then to mail a copy of the submittal page after you submit it to the special permits office.

So regardless, it's not possible to be compliant if the site doesn't work with my state.

Anyhow, it has nothing to do with me if you read what I said. Just copying a post I had seen go up about the topic, nothing more.

"Am I required to submit a 3-186A online?
Yes, regulations require online submission of a 3-186A. If the site is down or computer error prevents the 3-186A from being submitted online we do allow for submission via email or postal mail."
That was directly pulled from a Online 3-186a System FAQ document I found.