Quote Originally Posted by Grr5000 View Post
Hello All,

I am actually looking to trap a passage red shoulder, but currently are not allowed to be trapped in my state due to being threatened. I am currently in NJ. I checked New York's regulations and they have the same situation up there. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg
Looks like this is your first post so I wanted to chime in and welcome you to NAFEX. You might also want to throw in an introduction post with a little background on who you are and what you're asking. I don't understand what type of ideas you're looking for. For example, are you wondering what states would allow a non-resident to trap a red-shouldered hawk (near NJ)? Maybe check PA or MD because I think they do, but it's pretty late in the year. Just my opinion, but I'm also not sure how many other falconers are going to chime in to help you trap a bird that isn't common as a falconry bird and generally not viewed as such... so people are probably going to wonder why you want a RS instead of a RT, Cooper's hawk, etc. But... I'll say good luck and I hope you'll share your experiences here.

Thanks!